Mauna Lani is a beautiful resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort covers over 3,200 acres and contains 15 separate neighborhoods. From private oceanfront homes to secluded condos, there is something for every discerning buyer. The Mauna Lani Resort offers its residents two Championship Golf Courses, the Mauna Lani Beach Club and a Spa and Fitness Center.
Also, within the resort are two luxury hotels, the Auberge Resort, Mauna Lani (currently closed for renovations) and the Fairmont Orchid Hotel. Both hotels offer a variety of activities and dining options. The Shops at Mauna Lani also provide plenty of restaurants choices, including Tommy Bahamas’ and Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse, as well as a variety of shops and boutiques, and of course, the world-class, white sand beaches await your discovery.
At the time of this writing (Oct 1st), there were 14 single-family homes for sale and 3 homes in escrow in the Mauna Lani Resort, with 32 condos for sale and 6 in escrow. Of the single-family homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $8,500,000, and is located at 68-1026 Honokaope Pl in the 49 Black Sand community, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $3,300,000 and is unit #2B1R in The Residences of Laulea.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home on the market is located at 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #343, in the Ka Milo at Mauna Lani development. It is listed at $1,699,000. On the condo side, the lowest priced unit currently on the market is listed at the $549,000, and is #E-1, in the Palm Villas at Mauna Lani.
When it comes to sales in 3rd Quarter, the number of condos sold was, as usual, quite higher than the number of single-family homes sold. In the Q3 time frame of July 2019 through September 2019 there were 5 single-family homes sold in the Mauna Lani Resort, while 20 condos were sold. Of the 5 homes that sold, the highest priced one is located at 68-1063 Honokaope Pl, also in 49 Black Sand, and it sold for $2,000,000, from a list price of $2,250,000. While the lowest priced single-family home to sell is located at 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #347, in Ka Milo at Mauna Lani. It sold for $1,499,000, from a list price of the same amount.
The highest priced of the 20 condos sold in Q3 was Mauna Lani Terrace #D301 and it had a sale price of $1,750,000, from a list price of the same amount, while the condo with the lowest sale price went for $540,000, from a list price of $541,000 and is Unit #J3 in the Golf Villas at Mauna Lani.
Analysis: The sales volume of condos in Mauna Lani Resort have seen an uptick in Q2 & Q3 compared to the latter part of 2018 and beginning of 2019, with a corresponding drop in inventory. This puts Maina Lani Resort in a balanced market between buyers and sellers. However, in the single-family home segment, the sales volume has been steady, but not enough to deplete the inventory levels, keeping it in a buyer’s market.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Lani Resort, or are looking to save money on your Vacation Rental Management fees, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. Market Updates for other areas of the Kohala Coast can be found on the Market Update Page of my website. Mahalo
Highlights of the Q3 2019 Mauna Lani Market Update
- Number of homes currently for sale – 14
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 3
- Number of condos currently for sale – 32
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 6
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $8,500,000 68-1026 Honokaope Pl, in 49 Black Sand
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $3,300,000 Residences of Laulea #2B1R
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,699,000 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #343
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $549,000 Palm Villas at Mauna Lani #E-1
- Number of homes sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 5
- Number of condos sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 20
- Highest priced home sold in Q3 – $2,000,000 – 68-1063 Honokaope Pl, in 49 Black Sand
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $1,750,000 Mauna Lani Terrace #D301
- Lowest priced home sold in Q3 –$1,499,000 68-1122 N Kaniku Dr #347
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $540,000 Golf Villas at Mauna Lani #J3
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Coast Market Update for August 2019.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates