This weekend was perfect fall weather – the air had a cool bite to it with the sun filtering through the autumn red and yellow leaves. This made for the perfect time for a short hike on the one-mile Tenino City Park Trail Loop.
We started our hike behind the Train Depot Museum and looped around to the ballfields, and along our wooded journey, we came across this tree that had fallen over.
I’m not sure what caused this tree to fall but I’m sure when it did, it was heard!
The Tenino City Park is small in area but packs a punch with a ton of activities. At the park, you can:
- Camp at the campground site
- Play baseball and soccer
- Take a dip at the Quarry Swimming Pool
- Visit the Train Depot Museum
- See the first schoolhouse of Tenino
- Visit the Veteran’s Memorial
- Hike the park trail loop
- Walk/bike the paved Yelm to Tenino trail