It is that time of year. It's pumpkin spice and everything nice. The fall air has ushered in and all things autumn are happening. From warm fall dinners and desserts to decor. To pumpkin patches and cute photo shoots in a corn maze or a field of giant pumpkins.
While pumpkins are great for front porches all lit up and yummy pumpkin pie, I have scoured the Internet looking for some unique pumpkin recipes to add to your recipe list!
The first one I found was Pumpkin Pie Dip. Yes, you heard that right. Paired with some freshly cut apples or graham crackers or both, this looked amazing and really unique to me. While most of these recipes call for canned pumpkin, I am sure you can replace with fresh pumpkin to the insides of your pumpkin doesn't go to waste !
PUMPKIN PIE DIP :
- 15 oz can pumpkin
- 5 oz box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 16 oz Cool Whip
- 1/2 TBSP Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 TBSP cinnamon
- Mix the vanilla pudding mix, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon until well blended and then fold in the Cool Whip and mix until creamy and smooth. Chill for 2-3 hours before serving. I think that graham crackers taste the best with this dip, but apples are wonderful too. I'm sure just about anything would taste good dipped in this delicious dip! Enjoy!
PUMPIN MOUSSE PARFAITS :
1 envelope unflavored gelatin
1/4 c. dark rum
1 can solid-packed pumpkin
1/2 c. granulated sugar
- Prepare mousse: In small heatproof metal bowl, sprinkle gelatin over rum. Let stand 10 minutes to soften gelatin.
- In large bowl, whisk pumpkin, sugars, egg yolks, orange peel, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well combined.
- To 2-quart saucepan, add enough water to come 1 inch up side. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to simmer. Set bowl of gelatin mixture over simmering water. Heat until gelatin dissolves. Immediately whisk hot gelatin mixture into pumpkin mixture.
- In large bowl, with mixer with whisk attachment on high speed, beat cream and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold cream into pumpkin mixture.
- Prepare cream: In large bowl, with mixer with whisk attachment on high speed, beat cream until it starts to thicken. Add sugar and vanilla; beat until medium peaks form. Do not overbeat.
- Assemble parfaits: Divide half of pumpkin mixture among 12 small parfait glasses. Divide chopped cookies among glasses. Top with half of whipped cream, then remaining pumpkin mixture. Dollop remaining whipped cream on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- To serve, garnish parfaits with crystallized ginger.
You can find all of these recipes and more HERE
Have fun, have some pumpkin and enjoy the season !