Home Sellers have a challenge. How do they make their home stand out to Buyers?
There are several things that Sellers can do to attract Buyers. Staging, of course, is important. Trying to make your house look like a model is essential. Cleaning is for my money the easiest and biggest bang for the buck that any home seller can perform. No buyer at any price wants to see or smell someone else’s dirt. Availability is also critical. Having the home ready to show at short notice could make the difference between a sale and a “maybe next time” situation.
But now that you have put your best foot forward how do you get the Buyer to look deeper into the value that you are offering? What if you are offering more than just a clean well-decorated building?
What if you have features and upgrades that are not immediately apparent to a viewing home Buyer.
Some examples might include:
- Updated and upgraded Energy Efficient HVAC systems.
- Smart home features like pre-wired security systems, security cameras, WiFi thermostats, dusk to dawn lighting, etc.
- Upgraded plumbing fixtures, electronics, LED lighting or upgraded pool equipment.
- Oversized garage doors, RV parking, landscape watering systems.
- Plenty of storage, including closets, shelving, and cabinetry. (This is an important item in Arizona. Most homes do not have basements and attics are too hot to store anything of value.)
Make sure that showing agents have a list of the features that make your house stand out. It can go a long way toward making sure the buyer discovers the things that set your house apart from the others.
Do your best to give the buyers something to like about your house. You may only have a few minutes to make the sale. Don’t miss your chance.
It takes more than gray paint to sell a house.
Joe Domino is a Realtor® serving the Phoenix & Scottsdale metro area. You can find more great information by visiting his website at www.Scottsdale-AZHomes.com.