Is Your Work Life Like the Weather? Sometimes Sunny- Sometimes gloomy?

By
Real Estate Broker/Owner with Mike McCann - Broker, Mach1 Realty Farmland Broker-Auctioneer Serving Rural Nebraska

If you can relate to this...please share a comment...if you cannot...you are very, very lucky or do not do many deals:

Got the Listing...Sunny    Listing overpriced Gloomy...   The sellers are a great young couple who had a VA loan...they are very nice with two lovely kids.  Kids always make it a Sunny day!

Did not listen to my gut...I am a nut.  One day on top...the next on the bottom.

After 2 months lowers price 20K...sunny.... but no luck and after another 2 months...listing expires...Gloomy 

Seller thinks they will rent property...Gloomy with a small chance of Sun...keep your head down and keep going and working the leads...

Sellers move 120 miles away and leave a ton of "stuff" in the home.  Overcast and more gloomy than not

Prospects fading fast...but wait...

A former looker wants to make an offer...a ray of sunshine.....so a one-person Listing Agreement...partially Sunny again...still a longshot...but hey...longshots come in once in a while!!

The property went under contract...Still Sunny           

The Buyer is a great young single guy who did numerous tours. Neither the buyer or the sellers, although very nice...fully understand the requirements and commitments there are to buying and selling a home in regards to what each is expected to do to accomplish the goals...and I spoke for hours with each of them and provided fantastic written examples....  Gloomy!

But on we go through the process...and that is Sunny...right?

Oh No.. The contract was canceled by the buyer....Gloom and Doom setting in...so I write an amend -extend killing the deal and the sellers sadly sign and send back to me... they are Gloomy to!

No wait...Buyer changed his mind and didn't sign the amendment canceling...and is back under contract...cautiously Sunny with storm clouds on the horizon.   Or is he?

One more time we will give it a go with another week passing us by and then...a lender from 10 states away is giving incorrect information and Buyer wants to ...wait for it.... he wants to cancel because the house will not qualify for a VA under the current VA rules due to condition and $$$ amount of repairs it would take to fix...Gloomy once again. 

Sidenote#1: I told him upfront when we wrote the contract it was a conventional loan contract as the home would not qualify for any VA, FHA, or Rural Development loan...he believed the lender from 10 states away who has no flipping idea what she is talking about.  See above photo as one of the reasons why it would not qualify.

I told the Buyer to sleep on it until Monday and the Buyer agrees to (this is a Sunday)...about an hour later my phone rings and I find out another agent is trying to sell him a home 40 miles away when she called to confirm the contract was dead as she was preparing one for him...which our deal wasn't dead because Buyer did not sign the Amendment...agent says she will back off until I send her the fully executed cancellation.  Mostly cloudy with a touch of pissed off in the air.

I call buyer and ask what the f**! is going on?  I am hot...almost to the point of being unprofessional hot...almost.

He apologizes and says he is still in on the property and is just confused and he knows the property is the one he really wants.  Lightning and thunder are in the air... 

on to the next day...Monday

Buyer texts he cannot handle the stress and is out...and he was sorry and more gloom and doom...except this time he agrees to go talk with the local lender I have recommended all along and just chat with him.  A tiny ray of sunshine.

He calls the lender and talks for over an hour and meets with the lender and fills out all papers... More Sunny?

Back on track...and Buyer is working diligently to complete any requirements of the lender...and the appraisal is completed. Only a few clouds blocking the sunshine now.   and then...out of nowhere...

Buyer texts he is sorry but will have to cancel and wants to know what he owes me for my time. I call him and explain that he has led the sellers and me on for so long I really do not care anymore.  Heavy thunderstorm... very very gloomy.

The next Monday the sun is shining...and he must have caught some of it...we are back on and heading to closing. Sunny!

Fast forward to today... the CO2 detectors are not in the home and the appraiser noted that as a condition on 9-13-19 but never submitted the final written appraisal to the bank until this week.  Gloomy

AT 8:30 this morning I drive 65 miles in the rain and wind to install the 3 CO2 detectors which takes about 5 minutes...but now the appraiser has to come back by and confirm that I did the work and that the photos I sent him are real.  Waste of time gloomy  Sidenote#2:  I suspect the appraiser will bill at least $150 to come back if not more.

Side Note#3 to self: Sellers have not cleaned the house yet...in fact it is filthy and an embarrassment...Gloomy

Seller then tells me that there are CO2 detectors on the upper and main level in the smoke detector...the combo...still needed one more but oh well...has 3 nice ones now. Gloomy And he will be back this weekend to clean up...uh huh.

Title Company tells me that they have not received numbers from the Lender and Lender says they cannot order final closing with underwriting until the insurance binder showed up correctly which it did at about 4pm...  gloomy with a chance of sunshine...

I email lender that I need a drink and he emails back that he is going to go have a beer...sunny!!

Live to fight another day...   IF we get numbers to the Title Company tomorrow...and they can provide them to the Buyer tomorrow...we can close on Tuesday...since Monday is a Holiday and evidently Holidays do not Exist for the 3 day period.

And who is upset that we cannot close this week? Well yeah me...BUT THE BUYER!!

Lord help me!!

I now am now so numb and have written this deal off so many times...and knowing that we have a weekend AND a three day period and a Federal Holiday and an early season cold snap...between now and closing...I am at the point that I am hoping the deal is done...one way or the other...because no matter what I am out of patience...and time...and I just want the damn Sun to shine!!

DO You Ever Have These Type of Deals? 

Until next time....Note to all...make sure you verify that the CO2 detectors can be identified by an appraiser...perhaps place in a conspicuous place in the unclean basement like this...

 

 

 

 

Posted by

 

Mike McCann Nebraska Land Broker This has been Mike McCann...Nebraska Land Broker...Coming to you from the Farm Land of Nebraska and America!! Visit me at www.mikemccann.com to learn more about the agricultural and farm land for sale market. 

Many farms For Sale in Nebraska are not listed publicly...please call, text, or e-mail with your questions, wants, and needs!

Mike is your Ag, Farm, and Auction expert throughout Nebraska!

308-627-3700 and 800-241-3940 call or text me at these numbers or

mike@mikemccann.com for easy e-mail access! Mike McCann Nebraska Land Broker

 

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
ActiveRain Community
Tags:
none

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Rainmaker
5,118,582
Barbara Todaro
RE/MAX Executive Realty - Franklin, MA
Marketing Agent for The Todaro Team

Good morning, Mike McCann - Nebraska Farm Land Broker you can't have "cake and ice cream" every day.... expect a serving of calves liver on occasion....

it's easier to list than to work buyers.... you have a tough job, when you work with buyers.... I never had the patience!!!

Oct 11, 2019 04:57 AM #1
Rainmaker
3,363,566
Wayne Martin
Wayne M Martin - Chicago, IL
Real Estate Broker - Retired

Good morning Mike. Your patience to write the story is amazing. Go get that drink and make it a double! Enjoy your day.

Oct 11, 2019 05:00 AM #2
Rainmaker
1,271,088
Sheri Sperry - MCNE®
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage - Sedona, AZ
(928) 274-7355 ~ YOUR Solutions REALTOR®

Hi Mike McCann - Nebraska Farm Land Broker,

I love the way you have interjected your story with all the weather terms!  

and...

Yes, I have been through the buyers from hell and also the sellers from hell. My most recent was a seller from hell and I couldn't wait to get this home closed. Sometimes you are just happy the property is off the books.

Oct 11, 2019 06:52 AM #3
Ambassador
3,961,341
Kathy Streib
Room Service Home Staging - Delray Beach, FL
Home Stager - Palm Beach County,FL -561-914-6224

Hi Mike- very interesting story and analogy. When you're in sales, you almost always will have ups and downs...gloomy and sunny days. 

Oct 11, 2019 06:12 PM #4
Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Rainmaker
658,970

Mike McCann - Nebraska Farm Land Broker

Farm Land For Sale 308-627-3700 or 800-241-3940
Ask me about Nebraska Farm Land
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention

Additional Information