Cooke County Texas Tax Assessor-Collector
is Brandy Ann Carr
It’s one of Texas’s northernmost counties. With a population of 39,895* (2017) Cooke County, Texas is home to 5 cities, one of which is Valley View. Handling the taxes and fees for the county is Cooke County Texas Tax Assessor-Collector Brandy Ann Carr.
Indeed the role of the Cooke County Texas tax assessor-collector is important. One responsibility includes the calculation of county tax rates. Cooke County Texas is home to five cities, seventeen unincorporated communities, a town and a census-designated place. Calculating county taxes for Cooke County Texas and the cities, communities and towns within it is Brandy Ann Carr.
For instance, the 2019 tax rates for Cooke County Texas are as follows:
- Maintenance and operations tax rate of 44 cents per $100 assessed property value
- Interest and sinking tax of just under 2 cents per $100 assessed property value
- Total Cooke County Tax rate of 46 cents per $100 assessed property value.
In fact, Cooke County Commissioners recently approved the 2020 tax rate as follows:
- Maintenance and operations tax rate of 42 cents per $100 assessed property value
- Interest and sinking tax rate remains at 2 cents per $100 assessed property value**.
Furthermore, Cooke County Texas Tax Assessor-Collector Brandy Ann Carr may as well collect taxes for the cities within the county. Let’s take as example Valley View, TX. One of the five cities in Cooke County as well as the county’s southernmost city. Valley View has a population of 792* (2017) and is the home of at least 3 of Cooke County’s unincorporated communities: Burns city, Pioneer Valley (now named Roadrunner) and Mountain Springs. The current total tax rate for Valley View, Texas is 1.996000***.
As a matter of fact, Cooke County Tax Assessor-Collector is located at
112 South Dixon
Gainesville, TX 76240
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-4:45pm
*=United States Census Bureau