Our Top 10 Tips To Have A Perfect Showing!
1. The curb appeal is perfect...The landscaping is trimmed and maintained, and there are no broken-down cars laying around on the grass or broken washing machines!
2. The front door is cheerful...It does not need to be painted and the screen door is not falling off its hinges.
3. The house looks exactly like the pictures on MLS...And it doesn't fall off a cliff in the backyard.
4. The interior of the house is immaculate...And there are no surprises on the floors from any unattended pet.
5.The house has a pleasant smell...Not too many fragrant candles or any funny smelling foods and NO cigarettes!
6. Depending on the weather, the temperature is adjusted properly...On a very hot day, the homeowner isn't laying around the house slightly dressed fanning herself and complaining it's too hot, or on a cold day, the seller is not bundled up in layers of sweaters with a coat and hat on!
7.You can walk throughout the house without bumping into things...The hospital bed, portable toilet, and bed pan have been moved to the garage.
8.A taxidermist is not your decorator...We once walked into a house and every wall was filled with moose and deer heads, and the buyer immediately turned around and walked back to the car.
9.There are no dead bugs scattered throughout...Get an exterminator, but not on the day of the showing!
10. The buyer loves the house and makes a cash offer...Now that's a PERFECT SHOWING! ~ Need we say more?