Housing Market Update for Q3 2019 for Carlsbad 92010
Single Family Homes
The Carlsbad 92010 area includes the communities of Calavera Hills, Tamarack Point, The Summit, The Foothills at Carlsbad (with multiple neighborhoods), Spinnaker Hill, Pacific Estates, Carlsbad Meadows, Tanglewood (condos), the planned communities of Robertson Ranch (recently built detached single family homes) and The Preserve (new construction single family homes and townhomes), and other neighborhoods to the west but east of El Camino Real.
The 92010 area of Carlsbad offers a variety of attached (condos, townhomes, twin homes) and detached single family homes for buyers to choose from in a wide range of prices, sizes and styles.
Here we look at real estate market activity for the 92010 area of Carlsbad for the 3rd quarter of 2019 for single family detached homes, as reported in the MLS. The master planned community of Robertson Ranch is sold out but we are seeing resales of homes, including some models, built in 2017 and 2018. The Preserve, another planned community, has recently released a new phase of single family homes start in the high $700s, so Carlsbad home buyers can consider resales as well as new construction (read 6 things buyers must know about buying new homes in Carlsbad).
Single Family Detached Home Sales Q3 2019
- 39 single family detached homes sold (compared to 37 in Q3 in 2018 and 44 last quarter)
- Average sale price was $866,899 (down 7% from last quarter, and 13% lower than Q3 of 2018 – the average price was a result, in part, from several new construction and model homes priced over a million that raised the average)
- Average marketing time was 33 days; 6 homes sold in 7 days or less
Current inventory, based on the rate of sales in Q3, is only 2.1 months in the 92010 area. The housing market continues to favor sellers, with competition for many homes when they hit the market, especially in the lower price ranges. We are still seeing multiple offers on some properties.
8% of the sales were cash transactions, and the average sales price was 99% of the list price; however, 36% of the homes sold for asking price or better!
Current Listings in Carlsbad 92010 as of 10/18/2019
- 27 active listings, priced from $774,000 to $2,399,999
- 3 homes are new at The Preserve with more to be released
- Homes have been on the market an average of 37 days
- Living space ranges from 1653 SF to 4825 SF (a resale model home in a gated community in Robertson Ranch)
Pending Listings as of 10/18/2019
- There are 16 pending detached single family homes (on the market an average of 50 days)
- Homes were priced from $709,000 up to $1,599,000 (average price is $882,831)
If you would like more detailed information about the local real estate market conditions in the 92010 Carlsbad area, including single family detached homes and about specific neighborhoods, and/or are interested in exploring housing options that will fit your budget and your needs, please contact me at (760) 840-1360 for a personal consultation.
I would also be pleased to set up a customized search for you based on your specific criteria (number of bedrooms, budget, size) or send you a list of homes in the particular neighborhoods you are interested in.
If you would like to tour any new construction homes please give me a call at (760) 840-1360 so you will have buyer representation beginning with your first visit. As noted in the article at the top of the page about buying new construction, the builder sales rep represents the builder, not you!
Doesn’t it make sense to have someone looking out for your financial interests, and not the seller’s?