Mauna Kea Resort is a beautiful 1,839-acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii. The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront homes to condos with sweeping ocean views.
The Mauna Kea Resort also offers its residents access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Bar Cafe, Clambake and the Manta.
At the time of this writing (Oct 20th), there were 8 single-family homes and 1 condo for sale in the Mauna Kea Resort, with 5 homes and 2 condos in escrow. Of the single-family homes for sale, the highest priced one is listed at $9,950,000, and is located at 62-3692 Kiekiena Place in The Bluffs at Mauna Kea, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $3,400,000 and is the Villas at Mauna Kea #33.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home on the market is at 62-3997 Moani Pikake Ct in Moani Heights and is listed at $1,975,000. While the lowest priced condo currently for sale is listed at $910,000 and is Kumalani at the Uplands #C1.
The sale of single-family homes in Mauna Kea Resort remained steady the last the quarters, with 4 single-family homes selling in Q3. The highest priced of these homes sold for $2,950,000 from a list price of $3,350,000 and is located at 62-3458 Aloalii Pl in the Fairways North. The lowest priced single-family home sold in Mauna Kea Resort is Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #331, and it sold for $2,115,000, from a list price of $2,226,000.
The highest priced condo to sell in Q3 went for $1,950,000, from a list price of $2,000,000 and is Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #302, while the lowest priced condo to sell is Kumulani at the Uplands #J3. It sold for $862,000, from a list price of $919,000.
Analysis: The sale of single-family homes in Mauna Kea Resort has bounced back the last few quarters after three quarters of zero sales, while the condo sale in Q3 fell to just one unit after three quarters of 4 or more units sold. The low amount of inventory could be a contributing factor to the relatively low volume of sales.
Highlights of the 2019 Q3 Mauna Kea Resort Update
- Number of homes currently for sale – 8
- Number of homes currently in escrow - 1
- Number of condos currently for sale – 5
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 2
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $9,950,000 62-3692 Kiekiena Pl in The Bluffs at Mauna Kea
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $3,400,000 Villas at Mauna Kea #33
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,975,000 – 62-3997 Moani Pikake Ct, Moani Heights
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $910,000 Kumulani at the Uplands #C1
- Number of homes sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 4
- Number of Condos sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 1
- Highest priced home sold in Q3 – $2,950,000 62-3458 Aloalii Pl, Fairways North
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $1,950,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #302
- Lowest priced home sold in Q3 – $2,115,000 Waiulaula at Mauna Kea #331
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $3,475,000 Kumulani at the Uplands #J3
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Mauna Lani Resort Market Update for Q3 2019.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates