Have you ever fired a client? If not, have you ever wanted to fire a client?
You may know that I write a blog post and send a link to my list of readers each week. Last week's post was all about spooky clients.
Zippy Larson left a comment on that post asking:
- Do you fire them in person, on the phone, via email?
- Which one works best?
- What do they say after you fire them?
- Have you ever heard back with an apology from one you fired?
- Have you ever heard from another client who said "I heard you fired so and so. Why did you do that?"
- Has anyone ever threatened you after you fired them?
- Do you explain why, or just vamoose?
She said she'd never seen a blog post about firing a client, so I'm going to try to write one. But first, I need some help.
As you probably know, I let my license go years ago. As a result, I don't remember the answers to her questions. In fact, I probably didn't have answers, because I was too chicken to fire many!
I turned these questions into a Survey Monkey Questionnaire, and I hope you'll help me out by sharing your thoughts and answers to some or all of the questions.
Will you help? Please? According to Survey Monkey, it should only take 4 minutes to complete.
Just click here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/L25SN8B
Image courtesy of Sira Anamwong at FreeDigitalPhotos.net