Another outstanding month for Mason Ohio home sales. For the time of year total sales were excellent and prices continue to be strong. 2019 is not ready to quit yet, and there will be home sales continuing into next year. We already have homes under contract to close in early 2020!
Stay with us for more details for Mason homes!
Is the activity affecting your Mason Ohio home's worth? Stay with us for all the details and even Search Mason Ohio Homes For Sale links at the end!
We'll cover Mason condos in our Mason Ohio 45040 Condo Market Report October 2019.
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system and involves only Mason homes sold with REALTOR® involvement and entered in MLS. All data is for the Mason School District area, so is not limited solely to Mason city limits.
Long Cove, home to many of Mason's luxury homes
So, on to the data!
First up is the number of Mason single family homes sold on a month by month basis for 2013 through present:
Next is the Mason median price summary chart.
Mason Single Family Home Category Data Summary:
Homes Sold: 56 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 9 New Construction) DOWN 4
Average Price: $441,853 DOWN $26k
Median Price: $378,750 UP $4k
Days on Market Average: 43 DOWN 37 (median time 22 days)
Homes Active 11/10/2019: 145 DOWN 21
Homes Pending 11/10/2019: 74 DOWN 7
Average Sales/List %: 97.3% UP 0.5%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $1,200,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $100,000
What are the key takeaways this month?
- Overall, a VERY solid month for Mason home sales. 56 total sales is right at the upper end for an October and the median price blows away the Octobers from 2013-2018.
- Median time to sell increased slightly, but that is to be expected as we get further into the slow time of the year.
- It was a good month for high end sales, with 4 homes selling for more than 1 million dollars. A total of 17 sold for at least $500,000.
- The number of homes for sale dropped again, as did the number under contract. Again, normal market behavior for the time of year.
- New construction sales accounted for 9 of the 56 sales. As usual, these are ONLY the ones reported in MLS. There are plenty beyond that 9 that never make it to MLS because they were built to buyer specifications. New construction accounts for 53 of the 145 homes not under contract.
New construction communities are staying busy with Kensington, Kerrisdale, Roberts Park, Hudson Hills and Ambleside Meadows moving quickly. Need help buying any new construction homes, just give us a call at 513-520-5305. We work for you and NOT the seller and the good news is it doesn't cost extra for us to work for you (and you don't get a price break for going solo).
- Distressed properties (foreclosures and short sales) continued to be very scarce in Mason! None of the 56 homes sold were distressed, and only 1 foreclosure is available in the 145 homes not under contract.
So what does this mean to you as a Mason single family home owner?
STILL NO CHANGE: It depends on your price point. The affordable homes will still move quickly. The more expensive homes are competing with new construction so you have to make the deal appealing enough for buyers to skip building new to order. There is an abundance of homes for sale priced $400k and up.
Keep in mind, buyers still aren't keen on homes that show their age or feature decor from 20+ years ago, so the more up to date and the more compelling your asking price, the more likely buyers will flock to your door.
For an evaluation of your home's marketability and worth, please contact us 513-520-5305 or Liz@LizSpear.com.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Mason home buyer?
HOLDING STEADY HERE TOO. The best homes move quickly and there are some segments of the market lacking choice. Of the homes on the market, some have notable problems (busy roads, etc.) that will make them unsuitable for most buyers. Move fast and bid strong or expect to lose out on the best homes. A weak offer may mean you're going to keep looking even longer. We highly recommend do NOT wait to write that offer or you may lose the chance to own that home.
The longer you wait to purchase a Mason home the more likely it's going to cost you more to buy later. When you're interested in buying a Mason home, please contact us at 513-520-5305 with your needs and we'll help you find the right Mason community for you!
And get yourself a dedicated buyer's agent, whether for resale OR new construction!! The listing agent works for the seller, and when you hire us we work for YOU. We have incentive to get you the best possible price!
Serving Mason's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Mason Market Reports: