Listed on the New York State Register of Historic Places, 195 Pidgeon Hill Road is a rebuilt classic manor, distinctive and timeless in every detail. It was expanded and reconstructed in 2012 to exacting standards – with an eye for the past, but a demand for contemporary comforts. Classic architectural elements and exceptional materials such as Belden brick and kiln dried cedar shakes were used to breathe new life into the 19th century Phillip Valentine House, a Greek Revival Center Hall Colonial from Huntington’s late settlement period. North and South wing extensions were added, as were a two-car garage and full basement with near-11 foot ceilings. In 2018 a heated saltwater pool and covered pavilion were installed. This now-pristine home showcases a dramatic Brazilian cherry staircase in the two-story entry, a spectacular custom kitchen with extensive millwork, two rebuilt original fireplaces and an open concept main floor with views to the manicured grounds. Extraordinary attention to detail and quality is evident throughout this well-appointed home.
Beyond the impressive entry which offers sight lines out to the private grounds, the south end extension is a striking great room: gourmet kitchen, dining area and family room with fireplace and exits to the terrace and pool beyond. The north extension features a home office, two large bedrooms and a Jack and Jill style full bath. Upstairs, find a luxurious en-suite master with private balcony and his & hers walk in closets. There are 3 additional bedrooms and two more full baths. Exposed brick and beams from the original home add warmth and charm. Transom and oval windows lend traditional character.
The lower level is a massive space with near-11 foot ceilings and radiant heated flooring. A half bathroom, a laundry room, outside entrance and access to the two-car garage. The home is outfitted with 4 zone heat & central air, a water softening & filtration system, 35 zone sprinklers & hardwired security system.
Out back, enjoy an elegant covered porch inlaid with sunburst motif. A spacious natural stone patio leads to a wood burning fire pit and the 2018 20x40 foot heated, saltwater pool. Entertain outdoors under the covered pavilion, complete with flat screen smart television. Surround sound is available both inside and out. The grounds are made private by an envelope of mature trees and arborvitae.
With an authentic nod to yesteryear, this stunning home still lives like a contemporary dream. 195 Pidgeon Hill Road is a unique alternative to the everyday, carefully blending luxury, function and history to provide its owners and guests with an experience that acknowledges the past while embracing a 21st century lifestyle.
- 2012 Rebuilt & Expanded Stunner,
- On The New York State Register Of Historic Places
- 6 Bedrooms, 4 Full Baths, 2 Half Baths
- Magnificently Expanded Great Room: Show Stopping Gourmet Kitchen, Dining Room & Family Room With Gas Fireplace
- Historically Accurate, Register-Compliant Belden Brick & Cedar Shake Exterior
- Ensuite Master w/His and Hers Walk-In Closets and Balcony
- Brazilian Cherry Wood Banisters & Floors Throughout
- 2 Original (Rebuilt) Wood Burning Fireplaces, Exposed Original Brick, Stone & Beams Throughout Home
- Radiant Heated Basement, Garage, Laundry, Kitchen, Great Room, Master Bath
- 2018 Inground, Heated Saltwater Pool and Outdoor Entertaining Pavilion. Smart TV, Surround Sound and Natural Stone Detail.
- 2-Car Radiant Heated Garage & Massive Basement: Near 11 Foot Ceilings, Half Bath & Laundry Room
- All LED Interior Lighting, Newly Installed Landscape Lighting
- Energy Efficient Fresh Air Intake Gas Boiler
- 4 Zone Heat & Central Air
- 400 Amp Electric Service
- Whole House Water Softening/Filtration System
- Surround Sound Installed Inside And Out
- Hardwired Mulit-Camera Security System W/ Battery Backup Operation
- 35 Zone Sprinkler System