Shopping for a Carroll County, MD home this holiday season? There's still time to find the one, successfully navigate the contract period, settle, and receive the keys to your new home before the year ends, and just in time to invite family and friends over for a big gathering (or to just enjoy some quiet time after the busy holiday season)!
If you are looking in the Sykesville/Eldersburg, MD area, then you do not want to miss this charming property at 5809 Melville Rd. Here are 5 reasons why:
1. Location: it is situated on a half acre lot in the friendly community of Oakland Hills. Adjacent to Liberty Lake Reservoir, and nearby (just a 15 minute drive) Patapsco Valley State Park's McKeldin area... plenty of opportunities to enjoy the outdoors, to hike, to wander, to trail run, to boat, to fish - to simply enjoy life by the lake.
2. Community: if you know E-burg, then you know that Community is spelled with a capital C here. You'll be living so close to local hotspots such as Kismet Cafe, Oscar's Alehouse, The County Cork Wine Pub, Smoky's Barbeque Restaurant... that you can show your support for these (and all the others) small businesses frequently.
3. Schools: the CCPS system's reputation is excellent! The property feeds into the following highly rated schools - Freedom ES, Oklahoma Road MS (Blue Ribbon 2010-11), and Liberty HS.
4. Big ticket items: the owners have poured some serious money into the property to make it turn-key and get it ready for you! You get to enjoy the benefits of having a brand-new roof, low maintenance siding, updated windows, newer water heater, refinished hardwood floors (they are original to the house, are in excellent condition and add a whole lotta charm)... and so much more.
5. Possible one-level living: this property could prove ideal for anyone who is looking for one-level living! The basement has been cleared of all outdated fixtures and finishes, and is either a fabulous blank slate to create the rec room (or home office, or hobby room, or in-law suite) of your dreams, or it could just be used for storage. There's a large closet on the main floor that could possibly be converted to a laundry closet, thus making one-level living a very real possibility... Why pay a condo fee somewhere else? You still get to enjoy your very own outdoor space, a large deck, off-street parking, and all of the above!
Shopping for a Carroll County home this Holiday season? You don't want to miss this charming rancher right by Liberty Lake. There's still time to make it happen before the year ends... but hurry, the clock is definitely ticking!
Call Andrea Bedard, Thompson Company, REALTORS at 240.593.2860 to schedule your private tour of 5809 Melville Rd.