Hi Everyone! Sunday and a very beautiful day here in Orlando - sunny,
a high of 83 and a low of 59. Hope you are as happy with your weather
wherever you live. For me it makes life so wonderful when I love my weather,
like a breath of fresh air and I do get more done in a day.
Recently my eldest son, an electronics major and I have ended many of our
phone calls on 3 men: Nikola Tesla, Thomas Edison, and Stephen Hawkings.
These are long distance calls the Philippines to the U.S. mainland. I just had to
check this out and today I start with Nikola Tesla and why not check quotes -
Is there something, some message I am missing by not going a little deeper.
Starting with Nikola Tesla, Inventor...
* Born July 1856 - Died January 1943 -- 86 years
* 'The genius who lit the World' ~ 'Eccentric Genius' ~
* Never cared about money ~
* Strongest desire - to promote free electricity to the world -
* Never married - felt a relationship would interfere with his work-
* Over 300 patents around the Globe -
- Still some hidden in patent archives - 278 accounted
for in 26 countries -
- Many not put in patent protection -
* One of the greatest inventors of all time ------
- Tesla Coil: laid the foundation for wireless technologies,
- Development of alternating-current electrical system,
- Credited with discovery of the rotating fields,
- Championed and improved the AC System -
remains the global standard...
* Yes, there were Failures and Challenges in Tesla's life ---
- In 1895 at the age of 39 years Tesla's New York Lab
burned, destroying years worth of NOTES and Equipment -
- Failed to protect many of his inventions and ideas; lost
big $$$money$$$ -
- Lost investors and backers trust..lost their financial backing
and forced into bankruptcy ----had to sell the Tower he built
to cover his debt.
* - Declining physical and mental health in his last years, he
spent days feeding and communicating with the City's pigeons....
Tesla showed us that "Everything is possible when you try
Following Quotes by Nikola Tesla ~
"I don't care that they stole my ideas...I care
that they don't have any of their own."
"If you want to find the secrets of the universe, think in
terms of energy, frequency, and vibration."
"The scientist of today think deeply instead of clearly.
One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think
deeply and be quite insane."
"Of all things, I liked books best."
"Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one
according to his work and accomplishments. The present is
theirs, the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
"I do not think you can name any great inventions that have
been made by married men."
"If your hate could be turned into electricity, it would light
up the whole world."
"My brain is only a receiver; in the Universe there is a core
from which we obtain knowledge, strength and inspiration."
"Invention is the most important product of man's creative
brain. The ultimate purpose is the complete mastery of mind
over the material world, the harnessing of human nature to
"Peace can only come as a natural consequence of universal
enlightenment and merging of races and we are still far from
this blissful realization."
"I don't think there is any thrill that can go through the
human heart like that felt by the inventor as he sees some
creation of the brain unfolding to success... such emotions
makes a man forget food, sleep, friends, love, everything."