Truly a hot property.

By
Real Estate Agent with Jameson Sotheby's International Realty

There's a strong reason why inspectors are concerned that fire be kept a reasonable distance from flammable materials.

This stove installation, fractions of an inch from a wooden appliance garage (the place you typically keep counter top appliances like toasters, mixers, blenders and the like) was probably not well thought out.

Even though this was the "simmer" burner (smaller than most of the others), clearly it was large enough to char the wooden wall of the structure.

This was a property I showed today that is currently on the market. It shows a condition that the new buyer will want to deal with before they move in, or certainly before they do any cooking.

This is clearly a "hot" property.

my humblest of apologies for the real-estate-related-dad-joke.

Posted by

 ALAN MAY, Realtor®   
Specializing in Evanston Real Estate and North Shore Real Estate

Jameson Sotheby's International Realty, 2934 Central Street, Evanston, IL 60201
Office: 847.869.7300      Cell: 847.924.3313      Email: Almay@aol.com

Evanston Real Estate & North Shore Real Estate
Licensed in Illinois

   

close

This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
Topic:
Real Estate Best Practices
Groups:
REALTOR LIFE
100,000 ActiveRain members
Diary of a Realtor
Blogs That Really Suck
Bartender, Make it a Double

Spam prevention
Show All Comments
Ambassador
3,102,009
Chris Ann Cleland
Long and Foster REALTORS®, Gainesville, VA - Bristow, VA
Associate Broker, Bristow, VA

Charred wood appliance garage conveys as-is, I imagine.  Surprised that wasn't addressed prior to hitting the market.

Dec 01, 2019 12:55 PM #1
Ambassador
2,105,410
Michelle Cherie CarrCrowe Just Call...408-252-8900
Get Results Team...Just Call (408) 252-8900! . DRE #00901962 . Licensed to Sell since 1985 . Altas Realty - San Jose, CA
Family Helping Families Buy & Sell Homes 40+ Years

Well, you are right, this is definitely a property that has been "on fire".

Dec 01, 2019 01:24 PM #2
Rainmaker
939,086
Bob Ratliff
Robert Ratliff Realty - San Antonio, TX
"Sold with Bob"

Some people just do not have common sense. It's amazing the whole thing didn't catch fire and burn down the house.

Dec 02, 2019 03:07 AM #3
Rainmaker
5,119,544
Barbara Todaro
RE/MAX Executive Realty - Franklin, MA
Marketing Agent for The Todaro Team

Good morning, Alan May what the heck were they thinking!

Dec 02, 2019 03:20 AM #4
Rainmaker
3,364,878
Wayne Martin
Wayne M Martin - Chicago, IL
Real Estate Broker - Retired

Good morning Alan. Ten pounds of .... in a five pound bag? Maybe you should correct it before you attempt to sell it! Enjoy your day!

Dec 02, 2019 04:57 AM #5
Rainmaker
748,802
Candice A. Donofrio
Next Wave RE Investments LLC Bullhead City AZ Commercial RE Broker - Fort Mohave, AZ
928-201-4BHC (4242) call/text

Good Lawd! 

Dec 02, 2019 05:54 AM #6
Rainmaker
2,600,385
Myrl Jeffcoat
GreatWest Realty - Sacramento, CA
Greater Sacramento Real Estate Agent

No question about it, Alan.  That's a very hot property.  If that were my seller I would have advised them to remedy before marketing!

Dec 04, 2019 06:15 PM #7
Show All Comments

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?

Ambassador
1,665,710

Alan May

Helping you find your way home.
Ask me a question
*
*
*
*
Spam prevention