Folks, now is the time to take care of home maintenance tasks before problems start. Those are all great tips and I need to do several of them myself (or ask my sweet husband to do).
I especially recommend cleaning out sediment from faucets and water heaters-this can make a huge difference in water pressure and increase life of the water heater.
December Home Maintenance & Safety Checklist
The month of December has arrived. To keep your home in tip-top shape this winter and throughout the year, here's a checklist of home maintenance and safety items to take care of during December. (For a printable copy of the December Home Maintenance & Safety Checklist, click here.)
13 More December Home Care Tips To Keep Your Home InTop Shape
- Check your windows for drafts and/or cracked panes.
- Check on supplies in the home that would be helpful to have on hand in the event of a weather relted power outage or other emergency... things like batteries, non-perishable food items, blankets, bottled water. Update your emergency kit.
- Replace the furnace filter; vacuum and dust the HVAC system.
- Clean faucet aerators and shower heads. Check hoses for dishwasher, clothes washer, garbage disposal.
- Drain about two gallons from the water heater to prevent/eliminate sediment
- Make sure that any decorative holiday lights are properly working and discard any with frayed or damaged cords.
- Service your generator, if you have one.
- Test and change detector batteries if you didn't do so when daylight savings time ended.
- Clean or replace shower curtains.
- Clean lampshades, window treatments, light bulbs, and light fixtures.
- Disconnect hoses and water supply to outside faucets.
- Check weather-stripping and seals.
- Secure steps and railings (especially outdoors).
If you're thinking about selling your home, check out The Coldwell Banker Advantage
We've been helping Charlotte region home owners and sellers maintain their homes for 20+ years. If you're considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte area, contact Nina Hollander/Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage.
If you're planning on selling your home, let's get together and discuss the supply conditions in the Charlotte region and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now, as well as how to prepare your home for sale for top dollar.
And let us show you how:
SEARCH ALL CHARLOTTE METRO AREA HOMES HERE
Broker, Realtor, MBA, GRI, ABR, SRES, CDPE, SFR, SPS, CMRS
Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Blog: News You Can Use From Charlotte/Ballantyne/Waxhaw/Fort Mill
Search For All Charlotte Area Homes: www.GreatHomesInCharlotte.com
2007 - 2019 Charlotte Magazine 5-Star Customer Satisfaction Award Winner
Connect with me also on these sites:
Oh by the way, I'm never too busy for any of your referrals!
Disclaimer: Nothing in this blog article is to be construed as legal advice, tax advice, or financial advice. For legal advice see an attorney. For tax advice or financial advice see a tax attorney, certified public accountant, or other qualified professional.