Attention all brownie lovers! Sunday, Dec. 8th is National Brownie Day.
- It’s believed that brownies were created by accident.
- The classic recipe only requires 5 ingredients: butter, sugar, chocolate, eggs, and flour.
- Brownies turnout fudgy when they have minimal amounts of flour and no baking powder. Melting the butter creates a denser, fudgier outcome.
- Brownies turnout cake-like when they have less butter, more flour, and baking powder. Creaming the butter incorporates air into the mixture, which causes the brownie to rise higher.
- Brownies turn out chewy when they have an extra egg and a combination of semi-sweet and unsweetened chocolates.
- You can bake chocolate-free brownies, which are called blondies.
- The largest brownie ever made weighed in at 3,000 pounds.
- There are a million different takes on the brownie recipe; including healthier swap-outs like applesauce and zucchini.
- There is a mythical creature called the “Brownie”. They are tiny, good-natured elves that do good deeds.
- Brownie points are a hypothetical social currency, accrued by doing good deeds which is thought to come from the “Brownie” mentioned above.
ENJOY YOUR DAY!!