Door County Properties You Should Buy NOW
to Enjoy in 2020
For the most part, it's a Seller's Market in northern Door County as I write this in December of 2019. Now, if you've been with me since the start of this year (or this blog), you know that I've taken you through the good times and the bad, from pre-recession through the heart of the recession to the better times that really only started in northern Door during the summer of 2016. I have reported on the homes that were of good value, how long they were on the market and tried to help our Buyers make educated decisions (and tried to price my Sellers' homes to sell in ALL markets). As we head into 2020, I am offering my thoughts on the top Door County homes, land, condominiums, and business opportunities that you should pursue NOW to enjoy in 2020 as prices continue to rise and the market continues to tighten in northern Door County.
We all know three things sell a listings: location, condition and price. During the past few years, we have watched Baileys Harbor, Egg Harbor and Sister Bay swell with new businesses and attractions. We are currently watching Fish Creek improve its beach, and we are still witnessing a shortage of Ephraim homes and condominiums for sale. The one constant, of course, has been location, condition, and price, and as prices continue to bump up, here are our picks for the top DEALS in homes, land, businesses or condominiums in northern Door County to put you in a PRIME position to enjoy Door County in 2020. As our market changes weekly, feel free to contact me to talk about the Door County real estate market. I don't have a crystal ball, but I can tell you which of our office's listings are experiencing good activity and which may be sleepers, off the public radar, that are good opportunities. Here are our top picks for Door County homes and condominiums that you should BUY NOW as prices continue to rise:
1. Originally built and sold in 2007 for nearly $900,000.00 (!), our Sister Bay home for sale at 10703 Admiral Drive at Crows Nest Estates offers three bedrooms PLUS office, great room, gourmet kitchen and dining room, 4 seasons room, deck, master suite on first floor and too many custom extras to mention here (oh, let's just say hardwood floors, granite counter tops, custom built ins, to name a few) for an INCREDIBLE price that could not be duplicated should you try to to duplicate the build (in any way). For more information on Unit 502 at Crows Nest Estates in Sister Bay at 10703 Admiral Drive, Sister Bay, WI 54234 please check here.
2. With last week's sale of a Kangaroo Lake home at nearly over $800,000, our listing at 7657 Elm Point Road, priced at 659,900 for FOUR bedrooms and TWO baths plus some of Door County's prettiest rustic inland lake shore front, is at a great price and the Seller is ready to sell! Learn more about our listing at 7657 Elm Point Road, Baileys Harbor, WI 54202 here.
3. Vacant land acreage for sale that is available in large lot sizes is increasingly hard to come by, and our prices in northern Liberty Grove can't be beat. So learn more about our listings in 5-20 acre lots at prices that can't be beat by searching under Vacant Land in Liberty Grove at our site at moredoorcounty.com But if you don't mind a SMALLER lot, we have GREAT DEALS right now in Ellison Bay --vacant land to build on in Door County at $10,000 per lot. That's right...$10,000 per lot, which includes access to shared well and septic and Spectrum cable. I kind you not. Learn more about our vacant lots for sale on Carrington Lane and Meadow Wood Lane, Ellison Bay here.
4. A spacious home just outside downtown Fish Creek...Hedemora Hills has Door County's BEST amenities, and this spectacular home is perfect for entertaining a crowd---with 3 bedrooms, a large bonus room with bath that will sleep 4-6 with ease AND a full, lower level walk-out basement with extra storage and a wet bar for entertaining....this lovely home has it all (plus it's just down the block from one of TWO recreation centers with indoor pools). Learn more about our Fish Creek condominium for sale at 887 Hedeen Way, Fish Creek, WI 54212 here.
5. 19622 Bay Shore Drive, Sister Bay, WI 54234. Our final, new construction in 2019 Sister Bay Marina View Condominium for sale is INCREDIBLE. Enjoy all of the fun (plus the Sister Bay beach and marina across the street) of downtown Sister Bay. Walk to the shore PLUS dining, shopping, music and entertainment and much more. Ideal for boaters....across the street from the Sister Bay Marina and also across Sunset Drive from the Marina Public Parking Lot. And did we mention the A-MAZ-ING sunsets? Learn more about Unit 104 at Marina View Condominiums (offered fully furnished, with a great rental history) by checking out Sister Bay's Marina View here.
6. Cottage Glen in Ellison Bay is a must-experience condominium community of different style homes in a very private atmosphere, yet within walking distance of all of the things you love about downtown Ellison Bay and it's slower-paced lifestyle...this is the "Door County you remember" and with this 2 bedroom plus bonus room walk-out condominium for sale at Cottage Glen priced at only $299,900...you can have your year-round home or vacation getaway at a superb price in a great location. Cottage Glen has resort-like amenities, too. Learn about our Cottage Glen home for sale at 11319 Cottage Glen Drive, Ellison Bay, WI 54210 here.
7. Privacy and serenity in the woods, and a creek runs through it....plus it's the CUTEST home you've EVER seen on 40 acres....a tiny home from BEFORE the advent of tiny homes, offered fully furnished. This fairy-tale setting and home is absolutely adorable....built in the classic "English Cottage" style, it even features a green house! It has both a bedroom and a sleeping loft, as well as a 3 story tower...one-of a kind! It's close to Marshall's Point as well as the nearby North Bay Boat Launch. Learn more about our exquisite listing at 10114 North Bay Road, Sister Bay, Wisconsin 54234 here.
8. 10679 Forest Lane, Sister Bay, WI 54234. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more stately estate than this Sister Bay home (and more) on Forest Lane, conveniently located between downtown Sister Bay and Ephraim. With water access available on Green Bay, this prime property features a double lot (with municipal utilities), a 3 bedroom, 3 bath home with living room and family room (both with fireplaces), a gourmet kitchen, sleeping loft and more....hardwood floors, granite counter tops, wet bar, private yard and also guest quarters above the two car garage AND a studio building that would suit any purpose (office, hobbies....the Seller has used it as an art studio). If you love a private, wooded setting where you can walk to the water and still enjoy the best of Sister Bay and Ephraim, learn more about our prime real estate for sale at 10679 Forest Lane, Sister Bay, WI 54234 here.
9. Exceptional Egg Harbor home for sale in extremely desirable Meadow Bluff Farm area just outside of downtown (you can bike downtown with ease) offers the best of all worlds....you can enjoy the many charms of the Village of Egg Harbor, and escape at the end of the day to your own private setting of meadow, water views and charming farms. This lovely home at 7412 Meadow Bluff Farm Road, Egg Harbor, WI 54209 is the ultimate year-round home or fabulous vacation getaway. It features a high level of finish, views of the Bay of Green Bay and a great location, condition and PRICE package. To learn more about this featured home at 7412 Meadow Bluff Farm Road, Egg Harbor, WI 54209, check here.
Take advantage of any of these great homes at great prices to ring in 2020 and enjoy the 2020 season with a fantastic new Door County property. Stop taking Door County vacations and start creating Door County traditions!
If you would like more information on ANY of the deals listed here, please contact me today. Make the new decade your BEST Door County decade ever, taking advantage of today's low interest rates and great prices. These are Door County properties you should buy NOW to enjoy in 2020.