Crime of Opportunity: Theft from Autos
Theft from Autos is a crime of opportunity. Criminals look for any chance by finding unlocked car doors and items of value in plain view.
We would like to offer some Safety Tips to deter such activity:
1. Lock your car doors and close your windows.
2. Don’t leave keys in your vehicle.
3. Park in a garage or a well-lit area.
4. Be aware of ID theft if items stolen contain personal information.
5. Don’t leave valuables in your car. Even small items of all value.
This alert was posted by the Gaithersburg Police Department in Montgomery County, Maryland.
Dahlia, Kentlands Photowalk, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA IMG 2804
Canon PowerShot G11 Camera
Photographs by Roy Kelley
Roy and Dolores Kelley Photographs