Waikoloa Village is a community located 6 miles inland from the west coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This lovely community covers over 19 square miles and is a mixture of condominiums and single-family homes. Waikoloa Village offers its residents wonderful amenities such as an 18-hole golf course, a community swimming pool and tennis courts.
Also within Waikoloa Village is the Waikoloa Highlands Shopping Center, which contains many shops and restaurants, including the Waikoloa Village Market, Island Lava Java and Pueo’s Osteria Italian restaurant. With its proximity to the world famous resorts and world class beaches, Waikoloa Village makes for an affordable alternative for the savvy buyer looking for their Hawaiian Dream Home.
At the time of this writing (Nov 1st), there were 41 single-family homes for sale with 16 homes in escrow, and 14 condos for sale with 8 in escrow, in Waikoloa Village. Of the homes for sale, the highest priced one is located at 68-1872 Puu Nui St, and is priced at $1,188,888, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $615,000 and is located at The Pointe at Waikoloa, Unit 23.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home on the market is located at 68-1752 Makuakane St and is listed at the low price of $353,000. While the lowest priced condo currently on the market is listed at $190,000 and is Unit M202 in Fairway Terrace.
When it comes to sales in the 3rd Quarter, the number of single-family homes sold, as usual, was a quite a bit higher than the number of condos sold. In the time from July 2019 through September 2019 there were 37 single-family homes sold in Waikoloa Village, while 19 condos were sold.
The highest priced of these homes sold is located at 68-2178 Laakea Way and sold for $779,775, from a list price of $750,000, while the highest priced condo sold for $495,000 from a list price of $490,000 and is #17 at 17th Fairway Villas. The lowest priced single-family home to sell during the 3rd Quarter is located at 68-3505 Iwikuamoo Dr and had a sale price of $255,000, from a list price of the same amount. In the condo market, the one with the lowest sale price went for $142,000 from a list price of $144,900, and is in Waikoloa Village Condos, #AS1.
Analysis: The sales volume of single-family homes in Waikoloa Village jumped significantly in Q3 over the last two quarters, while condo sales have moved just has dramatically in the other direction. Neither of these movements were enough to change Waikoloa Village from staying a Sellers’ Market.
Highlights of the 2019 Q3 Waikoloa Village Update
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 41
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow - 16
- Number of condos currently for sale – 14
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 8
- Highest priced single-family home currently for sale – $1,188,888 68-1872 Puu Nui St
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $615,000 The Pointe at Waikoloa #23
- Lowest priced single-family home currently for sale – $353,000 68-1725 Makuakane St
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $190,000 Fairway Terrace #M202
- Number of single-family homes sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 37
- Number of condos sold in Q3 (July – Sept) – 19
- Highest priced single-family home sold in Q3 – $779,775 68-2178 Laakea Way
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $495,000 17th Fairway Villas #17
- Lowest priced single-family home sold in Q3 – 355,000 68-3505 Iwikuamoo Dr
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $142,000 Waikoloa Village Condos #AS1
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Mauna Kea Resort Real Estate Update for Q3 2019.
First published at www.viewhawaiiluxuryhomes.com/MarketUpdates