This was such a FUN post written several years ago about Friday the 13th, I wanted to bring it back for all your reading pleasure. It still applies today!
F-f-f-friday the 13th! - Redux
Are you among the superstitious, especially when Friday the 13th appears? I have to say that I am about certain things...other things, not so much. Here are some that I was very familiar with growing up, thanks to a very superstitious mom!
- Finding a penny heads up will bring good luck
- Putting it in your left shoe continues to bring good luck
- Knocking on wood will prevent something bad from happening
- Wishing upon the first star you see in the sky at night, it will come true
- A rabbit's foot brings good luck - kind of gross when you think about it!
- Walking under a ladder will cause an accident
- Bird poop means riches - it actually means you need to wash the car!
- A black cat walking across your path is bad luck
- Breaking a mirror brings seven years bad luck
- Crossing two fingers is used for good luck - crossing the legs means you better make a run for the bathroom!
- Opening an umbrella indoors is bad luck
- Finding a horseshoe means good luck - hang with ends pointing up!
- Step on a crack, break your mother's back - get on the grass!
- Garlic cloves around the neck prevent vampire bites - this was the only way I survived childhood!
- Blowing out all the candles on your birthday cake the first time, the wish will come come true
- Whoever gets the biggest part of a wishbone when two people break it, their wish is granted
- An itchy palm means money is on the way - my mom's favorite!
- An itchy nose means you are going to kiss a fool - You need only to fool-proof your surroundings!
- An itchy ear means someone is talking about you
- Itchy feet mean you will be traveling soon - or you have athlete's foot!
- A cat has nine lives - indeed they do! RIP Tux.
- Toads cause warts if they pee on you - urine for it!
- Washing a car will bring rain - that one definitely rings true!
What are some of yours? May you be blessed with a sunny disposition and a prosperous day and if you know anyone looking to buy or sell a home in southern Utah, contact me because Wanda Can!