Sister Bay Gets Ready for
3rd Annual Cherry Drop
Sister Bay is a village in northeastern Wisconsin near the tip of the Door Peninsula. Known as one of the most popular places in Door County, Sister Bay (with a population of less than 1,000 year-round residents) really manages to be creative and to come up with some wonderful events.
Sister Bay's spring "Roofing of the Goats" parade (yes, you read that right) has become a huge draw for visitors and locals alike, with hundreds gathering in the streets to watch the goats from Al Johnson's and the Door County Creamery take to the streets, and then literally to the grass roof of Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant and Butik (and then back to the Creamery farm just outside Sister Bay).
Sister Bay's New Year's Eve Fireworks are stunning, with iconic Door County farms in the background on Maple Drive and Woodcrest Road
So when I heard about Sister Bay's proposed New Year's Cherry Drop in 2017, I was amused, but skeptical. Sister Bay does a great fireworks display on New Year's Eve from the ballpark (winter sports complex) on Woodcrest Road that we have enjoyed for the past several years, framed by century farms in the background. It's really something that I look forward to, and a very family-friendly event. But the words "Cherry Drop" (in spite of the iconic Door County montmorency cherry that our County is so famous for) brought to mind literally a child's sugary confection. What would this Sister Bay "Cherry Drop" be all about?
These beautiful blossoms signal the start of the
Door County Cherry Season
I needn't have worried. In spite of bitter cold, the scene is similar to Times Square's great ball drop in New York City, but with much smaller crowds. Hosted between two of my favorite Sister Bay businesses, Husby's Food & Spirits and The Sister Bay Bowl, the Sister Bay New Year's Eve Cherry Drop is FUN and the crowd grows larger each year. Honestly, the most difficult thing about it for me is staying up until midnight! And a wonderful place to view the New Year festivities will be Shore View Condominiums in Sister Bay (more on this new Sister Bay condominium development to come in the future).
The custom-crafted Cherry Drop counts down to the New Year, similar to the event in New York's Times Square
Photo Courtesy of the Sister Bay Advancement Association
The event is coordinated by local businesses, as well as Sister Bay Advancement and the Village of Sister Bay, and it's become yet another fun Door County tradition for many. So in honor of this year's Sister Bay New Year's Eve Cherry Drop, we're featuring our Sister Bay listings for this holiday week. If you plan to visit Door County to celebrate the new year, be sure to put the Cherry Drop on your bucket list of things to do. And if you've fallen in love with Sister Bay and are looking forward to having it become a permanent part of your life, we have the following listings available for you to enjoy in 2020:
1. 10552 S. Highland Road, Sister Bay, Wisconsin 54234. Wonderful 3 bedroom, 2 1/2 bath home at an affordable price within walking distance of all things downtown and uptown in Sister Bay. Great neighborhood for all ages. Learn more about this Sister Bay home for sale here.
2. 10722 Bay Shore Drive, Marina View Condominiums Unit 104, Sister Bay, Wisconsin 54234. The name alone says it all. This condominium development in the heart of downtown Sister Bay is footsteps from both the Sister Bay Beach and Sister Bay Marina and features STUNNING sunsets. Plus, you are footsteps from all of your favorite Sister Bay attractions. Learn more about Marina View Condominiums in Sister Bay here.
3. Lot 3 off Birchwood Drive, Sister Bay, WI 54234. Prime vacant land with STUNNING water views, municipal utilities and high speed internet. One-of-a-kind Sister Bay building site, learn more here. There are very few properties to build on in the Sister Bay area that offer what this property does.....contact us now for more details.
4. 10679 Forest Lane, Sister Bay, WI 54234. This incredible property features THREE Sister Bay properties for sale: Main residence, studio and guest house above the two car garage. All within walking distance of the water in a very private, beautiful setting. This is a one-of-a-kind offering of a Sister Bay property for sale with access to the water via Bay Shore Estates; learn more about 10679 Forest Lane, Sister Bay, WI 54234 here.
5. 11154 Hillcrest Road, Sister Bay, WI 54234. A new build in a lovely area of fine residential homes just outside of downtown Sister Bay. To learn more about this new build and other new construction opportunities, please contact me today.
6. Forty acres and a custom-built home can be yours with our new listing at 10114 North Bay Road in Sister Bay, WI 54234. Located about five minutes by car from downtown Sister Bay, and close to Marshall's Point, Lake Michigan and the North Bay Boat launch, you'll enjoy wooded privacy and a fairy-tale style home with too many custom features to mention. Learn more about this Sister Bay home with 40 acres for sale at 10114 North Bay Road, Sister Bay, WI 54234 here.
7. 2415 Flint Ridge Road, Sister Bay, WI 54234 is a one-of-a-kind property with 4 bedrooms and 4 full baths, located just outside of downtown Sister Bay on ten private acres. This home features a gourmet kitchen, spa room, two fireplaces, a wood stove and much more, including an outdoor storage building. To learn more about our listing at 2415 Flint Ridge Road, Sister Bay, WI 54234 for sale, check here.
8. There is nothing like the convenience of condominium living in Sister Bay, and there is no other community quite like Crows Nest Estates in Sister Bay, with its combination of woods and waterfront. Our listing at 10703 Admiral Drive, Sister Bay, WI 54234 features three bedrooms (plus office), hardwood floors, a luxury master bedroom suite and en suite bathroom with both tub and tile shower, crown molding and even a four seasons room to enjoy insect-free summer evenings while you entertain. To learn more about our luxury waterfront community condominium for sale at 10703 Admiral Drive, Sister Bay, WI 54234 please check here.
If you're still searching for a special way to ring in 2020 with the ones you love, come to Sister Bay and enjoy our midnight Cherry Drop. And for all of your Door County and Sister Bay real estate needs, please contact me today! Enjoy the year-round Village of Sister Bay and all of its charms, great businesses and public amenities for boating, swimming, winter sports and SO much more! Best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful New Year.
All information is deemed reliable as of the date of publication but is subject to change without notice.