My Top Real Estate Articles in 2019 (Part 1)
Is it vogue to create a top real estate articles in 2019 list? I have no idea but I have certainly been busy creating content that not only appeals to a wide array of real estate consumers but that has also kept the phone ringing with potential clients as well. This catch-up article provides plenty of links to long-form content that should appeal to buyers, investors, sellers, and home improvement enthusiasts as well.
A goal this year was to consistently produce longer articles (2K words or more) to give anyone reading the content as much data and information as they could handle. HA. There were many more hits than misses so I am very happy with the overall results.
Here are 11 of my top real estate articles in 2019. I hope you enjoy each of them. ~ Anita ~
- How to Create the Perfect Playroom - Lots of activity on Pinterest (a very pleasant surprise) from this DIY/home improvement article. I did a lot of articles like this and was pleased how quickly they resonated with my readers. If you have (or want) kids or grandkids, check out this post and see if there is an opportunity to create the perfect playroom for your loved ones!
- Selling a Home in the City or Suburbs: Which is Easier? - Do you know the answer? Of course it depends on several factors that have an impact on a buyer's willingness to purchase a home, the time it takes to sell the property, and the potential for profits. Other factors such as the neighborhood, appeal of the home, and even list price are discussed. I picked up a buyer from this article (she found the post on FB, followed it to my site, then called, and eventually bought this fall).
- Mortgage Choices for Self-Employed Buyers - This one was created from a phone conversation I had with an online lender. Realizing there are many consumers who fall into this category, it made sense to put something together to help lead self-employed buyers to options that would benefit them. It led to 2 guest article opportunities on mortgage related sites.
- Tips to Prevent Pest Infestations in Your Home - Bugs...Ugh! I must have received 10 calls from consumers looking for exterminator companies this year as a result of this post. I also picked up a seller who thought initially he might have squirrels in the attic (he didn't, thankfully).
- Key Home Loan Advice for Young Couples - Developed after working with an incredible young couple who were buying their first home. I can trace 3 buyers this year directly to them seeing this article. Simple and straight forward home loan advice...no frills but it definitely resonated with many!
- Fall Roof Maintenance Tips - Created as a result of an issue at my own home. Often, our best ideas and good articles come from first-hand experience. I was surprised how much traction this one had, including numerous social media shares, and calls from both consumers and a couple of roofing companies looking for referrals. One in particular is now a roofing resource I can share with local consumers who have roofing issues and need a quote.
- Warner Robins GA Homes with a Mother In-Law Suite - A long-tail local keyword that was relatively easy to rank for. I ended up selling a home to a buyer in a 55+ community from this article (she initially called to discuss going in with her daughter on the purchase of a new home...with you guessed it, a mother in-law suite). Thanks to Katerina Gasset for the suggestion and her virtual assistants help creating this article!
- Savvy Bedroom Staging Tips - Research shows bedrooms are one of the top 3 rooms in a home where staging can make the best first impression and the most impact on buyer perceptions. The best part is, you can literally do this with minimal cost involved. I sent it out as part of a newsletter and the results were very positive.
- Tips to Create a Mudroom You Will Be Proud Of - I sold a house at the beginning of the year that had the most precious mudroom. It got me thinking about a future blog post and this helpful article was the result. It also started a blogging trend I carried through several other articles as the year progressed (home improvement) that brought a bunch of new prospects and some clients too.
- Increase Your Home's Value by Renovating Your Basement - Picked up a seller in a sought after neighborhood (home sold very fast) as a result of the wife seeing a photo from this article on Pinterest (you will notice several long photos in the article...They work very well on that SM platform (hint)).
- Shipping Care Packages Overseas to Military Members - An example of an evergreen article that can (and should) be updated once a year with the latest information. With my husband being retired Air Force and my son-in-law on active duty and currently deployed, this one hits close to home. Hopefully this article made it easier for loved ones and friends to send packages to military serving overseas this year.
If you find something you like from this list or believe your readers will enjoy the information from one or more of these top real estate articles in 2019, please socially share the information directly from the article using the social media buttons at the top of the article. Pinterest pins are especially appreciated. ;-)
Additional Top Real Estate Blog Articles
~ Anita ~