Did you know that January is G.O. Month??
Are you wondering what in the world G.O. stands for??
I'll end the suspense -
G is for GET and O is for ORGANIZED.
If you choose to take the plunge and organize a small corner of your world, here are some tips to help you on your way:
- Eat a good meal before you begin (gotta have strength and no excuses to stop for a snack).
- Decide if music or tv will help you to focus OR distract you. Pick the one that helps you to focus.
- Decide if you're better off on your own or with a non-judgemental companion who will aide in your efforts and not stress you further.
- Think about what you can do in 15 minutes that will make a difference.
- Have a box to place items that need to get delivered to other parts of your home - do not make the mistake of running around to and from various rooms during the sorting and purging process. It's too easy to get distracted (you know what I mean)
- Have clearly labeled or color coded trash bags or boxes for TRASH, DONATE and SELL.
And as the NIKE people say, JUST DO IT.
Take 15 minutes and get started.
Take a 'before' picture so you can see your progress each time you take 15 minutes to improve the space.
And you'll be so glad you did!
More about Cindy Bernstein of Aim 4 Order
In 2004, Cindy launched Aim 4 Order LLC, A Professional Organizing Service in Baltimore, Maryland. Cindy’s mission is to help people feel better about their homes, their offices and themselves by reducing the stress and strain caused by cluttered spaces.
Cindy helps people downsize, organize and move. Her husband, Howard, a retired CPA, is now a full time eBay Top Seller; a great added service for Aim 4 Order clients and others in the community interested in making money from items they no longer need.
Sign up for Cindy's monthly e-newsletter "Tips and Tricks" to regularly hear helpful suggestions and fun stories of life in the trenches. Contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.aim4order.com for more information.