Today is the first Friday of 2020, the second day of the abbreviated work week. So just how does a San Francisco Realtor® spend this day to kick start a great year? Often the answer is "a little of this, a little of that."
Some of my highlights today:
- The morning started early, with my husband driving me pre-dawn to Glide where I served breakfast to roughly 600 hungry and many homeless neighbors. The morning drive down Mason Street to Ellis was beautiful, as you can see in the first photo. We finished serving and cleaning up by 9:15 today, earlier than usual since there was a large contingent of volunteers from the International High School helping.
- After my 1.5 mile walk home, it was computer time, answering and sending emails, texts, and telephone calls.
- At Noon a scheduled telephone conference with a potential new buyer took place, followed by research on my part, introduction to a great mortgage lender, and a flurry of emails and phone calls. We'll be ready to get started soon.
- Mid-afternoon - a visit to my listing in a 3-unit Edwardian building in San Francisco to check on the painting and miscellaneous repairs that are underway. We plan to have this ready for the MLS by January 21.
- Late afternoon it was back to the computer to read a module of a training program I've undertaken.
- 5:00 PM was time to head out the door for an evening walk with my husband. This is our time to chat over the day, share the highlights, talk over the quandaries, make plans. It was a beautiful San Francisco evening, a good match for the lovely dawn. The photo below was taken from Alta Plaza in the Pacific Heights area of San Francisco; we weren't the only people who paused from their activity to enjoy the beauty.
- And now, a large baking sheet of root vegetables is in the oven; lentil soup is in a pot heating up, dinner is ready, and I am signing off. Tomorrow is another day.