Lowering our overall impact on the environment is a team effort, and like a ripple effect, a little from each of us can go a long way. The place where we can start making a change is the one we know best—our homes.
- Install programmable thermostats
- Replace your light bulbs to LED or CFL lights
- Prevent air leaks
- Pick energy-efficient appliances
- Reduce water use
- Explore solar energy
- Use no- to low-VOC products (Volatile organic compounds)
- Enroll in online statements and get off junk mail
- Leave your shoes at the door
- Seal gaps around doors and windows
- Fix leaking toilets and faucets
- Install low-flow showerheads and toilets
What better way to kick-start the new year than with a healthy diet!
Here is a quick and easy green smoothie. it is a perfect grab and go healthy snack for any time of day.
Simple Green Smoothie
- 6 ounces unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium banana
- 1 cup frozen unsweetened pineapple
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- Place all ingredients in a blender, and blend until smooth.
- Enjoy immediately