Photography is both an art and passion. It only takes a photographer and a camera to do photography. It underscores different categories though. This depends on the things the photographer is interested with. Real Estate Photography is only one among the hundreds of categories in this field.
Anyone from an amateur or professional photographer can do photography even with the simplest and cheapest camera available. Real Estate Photography requires a high-end camera for better quality photos to fare with the demands of this business or industry. Ideal cameras must have a wide angle lens and a high aperture capable of capturing the best features of the property being sold.
However, with the capability or expertise of the photographer, simple and budget-friendly cameras can be used in Real Estate Photography. Although it could not be compared to the quality of the high-end cameras, these low-budget cameras will give you good quality shots for your business.
1. Sony Alpha A6300 starting at $760. This is a 24.2MP camera that allows you to have a clear image quality with the ISO sensitivity range of 100 to 51200. High resolution 4k full pixel video can also be produced through its 35mm format. It features a 4D Focus System with 425 phase detection AF points which can shoot up to 11 frames per second with great autofocus and fine exposure tracing. This is best for interior shots in Real Estate Photography.
2. Fujifilm X-T20 starting at $650. This is a 24.3MP camera that boasts a Wi-Fi built-in. It is a mirrorless camera which also features 4K video recording. Fast auto-focus tracking and burst mode shooting can also be done using this camera. With its film simulation options, you can preview the quality of the photograph.
3. Panasonic Lumix G9 at $1300. This camera has a large body and is also equipped with an excellent viewfinder feature. It has 20.3MP sensor which allows a photographer to capture a vivid real estate photograph without considering some of the tips in real estate photography. It also boasts a Wi-Fi and Bluetooth as well as 80MP RAW JPEG file using High-Resolution mode. It also provides 9 frames per second burst with continuous AF through mechanical shutter. Its body is also dust-sealed.
4. Panasonic LUMIX DMC-G7KS Digital Single-Lens Mirrorless (DSLM) starting at $600. This mirrorless camera offers a sensor size of 17.3 x 13mm with its 17MP capable of shooting clear pictures. Its body is light and does not have so much bulk where it allows the photographer to handle it exquisitely. It also has a viewfinder system where light enters directly in the lens and in the camera’s image sensor.
5. Olympus Pen-F starting at $1050. This camera has a short release time and fast versatile AF. High image quality can be produced through its 20MP micro four thirds sensor. It also has an OLED electronic viewfinder having 2.36 million dots into its body. This 2.36 million dots come with a high refresh speed so you can adjust with moving subjects, and it shows lots of sharp detail in good light which is good for exterior real estate photography. A maximum of 5 to 10 frames per second can also be done with full AF. It also has an autofocus system in contrast detection and a full High Definition Resolution of 1920 x 1080 at a range of frame rates. Direct uploading of a magnificent shot is also possible with its Wi-Fi connectivity feature. The raw file peaks at 80.6MP while its JPEG file reaches 50MP. The minimum aperture is f/8 and the maximum shutter speed it can offer is at 8 seconds. When it comes to sensitivity, the highest ISO rating is at 1,600.