It's a wrap. 2019 is in the books. Lebanon Ohio homes sales finished the year on the high end of typical for a December. Homes for sale are very limited and the main thing that will hinder sales keeping this pace. Stay with us to get the full details on December's market results!
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Lebanon Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Lebanon Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system. If any Lebanon single family homes homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report. All data is for the Lebanon School District area, so is not limited solely to Lebanon city limits.
Some reasons why Lebanon Ohio is a great place to live:
- Named one of Ohio magazine's Top 5 Hometowns for 2012
- HUGE YMCA
- Ready access to Cincinnati and Dayton
- A cool historic downtown area
- Host to an abundance of festivals throughout the year
- The cost of living in Lebanon is more affordable than some other Warren County communities
- A full range of housing price points, from below 100k to some estate homes under a million dollars.
- There is still new construction available, but you can pick any age from historic to brand new.
Countryside, a pool community of Lebanon Ohio
So on to the review, first up, completed sales!
Next is the Lebanon median price summary chart.
Lebanon 45036 Single Family Home Category Data Summary
Homes Active 1/10/20: 56 DOWN 18
Homes Pending 1/10/20: 41 DOWN 6
Homes Sold: 36 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 1 Short Sale, 3 New Construction) DOWN 3
Average Price: $258,932 DOWN $1k
Median Price: $243,500 UP $13.5k
Days on Market Average: 56 UP 23 (Median 18 days)
Sales/List %: 97.1% DOWN 1.0%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $495,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $60,375
So what are the key takeaways from this month's numbers?
- For December, completed sales were on the high side of the expected range. The median price exceeded the previous years.
- The "bad" news? Inventory shrunk even further. 56 total homes not under contract and 11 of those are new construction. Selection is very limited.
- The drop in homes under contract continued, and that should be expected both due to the time of year and to the decrease in available homes to buy. .
- Of the 36 homes sold, only 1 was below $100,000 and only 1 was above $400,000, but 12 were above $300,000.
- No homes sold met the "luxury" definition of $500,000 or more.
- Median time to sell increased, another thing to expect for the time of year.
- New construction sales accounted for 3 of the 36 sales and 11 of the 56 for sale.
- Distressed (short sales and foreclosures) properties accounted for one completed sale. There are two distressed properties (2 bank owned) NOT under contract.
So what does this mean to you as a Lebanon single family home owner?
We're seeing an unusual amount of activity on our Lebanon listings for the time of year. Perhaps 2020 is going to break the trend of the usual winter slowness, but this will only happen if there are more houses on the market to meet buyer demand.
Give us a call and we can meet and determine what is best for your personal circumstances.
You're not going up against significant new construction in MOST communities, but places like Shaker Run and Trails of Shaker Run new construction do challenge your ability to sell.
And if you're not quite ready to enter the market, it's the PERFECT time to meet with us and get your To Do list ready to have your home optimally ready for when you ARE ready to sell your home!
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Lebanon home buyer?
NO CHANGE. Even during the cold months that are slower, keep an eye out for new listings and act quickly.
The selection of foreclosed/short sale homes is minimal to nonexistent, so don't count on finding one to buy, much less one in good condition.
When you're considering buying a Lebanon home, please contact us 513-520-5305 or Liz@LizSpear.com with your needs and we'll help you find the right community for you! You can use the links below to review Cincinnati MLS homes listed in Lebanon for each of three price bands.
Search Lebanon Ohio 45036 Homes For Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Lebanon's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports: