I've watched a lot of trends and analyzed the Marco Island real estate statistics until I see double. There is just no denying that there is something positive happening in the Marco Island and Naples area. Case in point,
- web traffic and qualified leads have increase considerably over the last year
- Pending & closed sales are outperform the previous year's volumes
- Buyers have become more proactive and aggressive in their searches
- Value properties are receiving multiple offers at the same time
- Buyers continue to queue into this summer's buyer's market
In the last couple of months, I've been in a few dogfights to position buyer's into top spot to get these hot properties. As well, there have been several cases where I attempted to submit an offer only to find out that it went pending the night before. This kind of activity on the low ends will certainly help the whole market as list to sell ratios shrink and price level out.
Although it will still be some time before we see any significant appreciation, we are seeing a shift in the buyer's mindset which will make these next several months very interesting.