In celebration of Florida’s Arbor Day, the Town of Fort Myers Beach is hosting an Adopt‐A‐Tree Event. Residents and Fort Myers Beach based Business Owners & Non‐Profits adopt a Native Tree for Free!
Choose 1 of 2 Native Species of Trees Available:
• Gumbo Limbo (7 gallon)
• Seagrape (7 gallon)
Trees must be planted on the applicant’s property in the Town of Fort Myers Beach, so it is important that you choose the right tree and location for your adopted tree. Please see the accompanying documents regarding each tree species size, planting and care guidelines. Applicants must read and follow the Florida Power and Light Guidelines for the planting location of the adopted tree.
Eligibility & Requirements:
• Limit 1 Tree per TFMB residential property/business/non‐profit owner per year
o Application with Proof of Ownership required
• Adopted Tree must be planted on private property
o At least 20 feet from the edge of the road or sidewalk
o At least 10 feet away from side and rear yard property lines
• Follow University of Florida, Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences guidelines for planting and establishing a tree
• Read & Follow Florida Power and Light Tree Planting Guidelines
• Written commitment to care for the tree or replace tree
Trees will be available for pick up at Bay Oaks Recreation Center on Florida’s Arbor Day, Friday, January 17, 2020 from 9 a.m. until Noon. Town residential property, business, and non‐profit owners will need to fill out an application and show proof of residency/business/non‐profit ownership to qualify (License/ID, Property Tax Bill, LeePA property data page). Approved applicants will be responsible for independently transporting and planting the Adopted Tree onto their property.
This is a public event by Town of Fort Myers Beach, FL
Location: 2731 Oak St, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931