Union County, NC Housing Market Report:
4th Quarter 2019
Latest news on the Mecklenburg County real estate market and what it means for you...
Fourth Quarter 2019 Union County, North Carolina home sales kept the county a seller's market with just 1.7 months of inventory. Union County includes the towns of Waxhaw, Weddington, Marvin, Indian Trail, Stallings, Monroe, Hemby Bridge, Lake Park, Wesley Chapel, Wingate, Marshville, Fairview, Unionville, Matthews, and Mineral Springs.
During the fourth quarter of 2019, Union County saw inventory and months supply of homes shrink by double digits compared with the same time frame one year ago. Days on market also decreased. Closed sales increased, as did the median and average sale prices of homes, Demand for affordable homes in the 28173 zip code, encompassing Waxhaw, Weddington, and Marvin towns, has not abated. Without doubt, Union County was a home seller's market in the fourth quarter of 2019 and there are no indications on the horizon that this will change soon.
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a home in the Charlotte region?
We can help.
Call us today at 704-779-0813 or contact us here.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with Carolinas Realty Partners is FREE.
Union County Housing Market Highlights
Quarter 4, 2019 versus Quarter 4, 2018
In the fourth quarter of 2019, Union County saw a:
- 4.2% decrease in average sale prices (to $351,707) year-over-year.
- 1.9% increase in median sale price (to $302,500) year-over-year.
- 24.7% decrease in inventory of homes for sale year-over-year.
- 13.9% increase in closed sales year-over-year.
- 31.3% decrease in the months supply of homes (1.7 months supply) year-over-year.
- Days on market year over year were decreased 13% (44 days on market).
- 96.6% percent of original price received, indicating a small window of opportunity for buyers to negotiate on price.
HISTORICAL MEDIAN SALE PRICES FOR UNION COUNTY HOMES
This quarterly Union County housing market update is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for Union County home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in Union County, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how: