While mascara will give your eyes a glowing beauty, the same cannot be said when it falls on your carpet. It will leave an ugly black stain that you would want to remove immediately. That brings us to how to get mascara out of carpet. Knowing how to get mascara out can help keep your carpet stain free.
How to Get Mascara Out of Carpet - Removing Makeup from Carpeting
If mascara in your carpet is giving you endless headaches, you came to the right place. This post is dedicated to removing mascara from your rugs. It will share effective methods that will leave your carpet shining like new.
Precautions when Removing Mascara Stains from Carpet
- If you are using waterproof mascara, water alone will not remove it.
- When preparing to clean carpet, remember to blot and not rub.
- Test a small portion of your carpet before using any method.
Removing Mascara out of Carpet Method #1
Eye makeup remover is more versatile than you could imagine. Similar to steps to remove powdered makeup, here’s how to remove mascara from carpeting;
- Get a cotton ball or clean cloth. Dip it in eye makeup cleaner and allow it to absorb a generous quantity.
- Use the cloth or cotton ball to tab on the stain area. Keep repeating this until the stain disappears completely.
- Use a lot of water to rinse the stain. See if there are spots of mascara. You can repeat the steps until your rug looks just like new.
Removing Mascara Out of Carpet Method #2
You have probably used dry cleaning solvent to remove stains. If yes, it is because it is such a hero when it comes to dealing with stubborn stains. Luckily, it is what you need to face mascara and give it a knock out from your carpet’s fabric.
- Get a clean dry cloth and dip it into the solvent. Allow it to absorb a good amount.
- Use the cloth to blot the stain. Do not rub because that will depreciate the carpet’s fabric.
- Keep blotting until the last spot of mascara disappears.
- Rinse with a lot of water.
- Leave it to dry before you use it again.
Removing Mascara Out of Carpet Method #3
- Do you have nail polish remover? Now it is time to use it for a different task. Follow these steps;
- Use a cloth and dip it into the nail polish. Leave it there long enough to absorb the polish.
- Blot the stain area with the cloth.
- Keep blotting until the last mascara mark disappears.
- Repeat the steps if you still spot the mascara stains.
- Leave your carpet to dry before using it.
Whether you’re dealing with old stains or new, when your mascara accidentally falls on to your carpet, you should not be scared. You already know how to get mascara out of carpet. Try one of the 3 methods and stick with what works for you. Once you remove the stain, consider having your carpets cleaned in order to keep them stain and odor free. Remember to follow all precautions so that you do not damage your carpet’s fabric.