York County, SC Housing Market Report:
4th Quarter 2019
Latest news on the York County, South Carolina real estate market and what it means for you...
Fourth Quarter 2019 York County, South Carolina home sales kept the county a seller's market with just 1.7 months of inventory. York County includes the cities and towns of Clover, Catawba, Fort Mill, Lake Wylie, Rock Hill, Tega Cay, and York.
Want to know what this would mean for your family if you decide to buy or sell a home in the Charlotte region?
We can help.
Call us today at 704-779-0813 or contact us here.
There’s absolutely NO OBLIGATION. A consultation with Carolinas Realty Partners is FREE.
During the fourth quarter of 2019, York County experienced a drop in both inventory and months supply of homes compared with the same time frame one year ago. Days on market were 43 days and cumulative days on market dropped 12.6% to 50 days. Closed sales increased 20.7% year-over-year. Both the average and median sale prices of homes increased in York County year-over-year,
York County, SC Housing Market Highlights
Quarter 4, 2019 versus Quarter 4, 2018
In the fourth quarter of 2019, York County saw a:
- 4.5% increase in average sale prices (to 299,567) year-over-year.
- 4.9% increase in median sale price (to $271,750) year-over-year.
- 15.5% decrease in inventory of homes for sale year-over-year.
- 20.7% increase in closed sales year-over-year.
- 24.8% decrease in the months supply of homes (2.1 months supply) year-over-year.
- Days on market year-over-year decreased 10.1% to 43 days compared with the third quarter of 2018.
- 97% percent of original price received, indicating a small window of opportunity for buyers to negotiate on price.
10 YEAR HISTORY OF MEDIAN HOME SALE PRICES IN YORK COUNTY, SOUTH CAROLINA
This quarterly York County housing market update is provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage, your Charlotte metro area residential real estate experts. We've been opening doors for York County home buyers and sellers for 20+ years.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in York County, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you how: