After we leave the party at Carol Williams house, we're heading to Anna Banana Kruchten Broker/Owner, CRB, CRS 's house. We've put our Seahawks union suits away for now, and will be showing our support for the 49ers.
Showing our love for the West coast.
I ( Debb) had an odd dream about the game last night, in the style of the famous Bill Murray movie, Ground Hog Day. It went on forever and ever. How can you get to a perfect ending when two teams (and their fans) want different outcomes? "Okay, rise and shine campers and welcome to Super Bowl LIV (54)! A game that never ends?
Okay, let's be honest and call it a nightmare.
Generally, I tend to watch most football games in the style of my late father. He'd tune in for the last part of the game, claiming that's the only time that it really matters anyway. He's right, and further, he'd say, the rest of the big stuff lives on in replays.
Meanwhile, mom sits anxiously for every minute of the game cheering on her beloved players. We love her enthusiasm for sports. Like us, she gets a kick out of the commercials and especially enjoys the often tear-inducing Budweiser ads. Who doesn't.
The halftime show is guaranteed to shake the stage with dancing queens, J-Lo and Shakira as co-headliners. Wonder if we'll see a belly dance? On another musical note, Demi Lovato will be singing the National Anthem.
See you soon, Anna. We will leave any left-over wings at Carol's house. But don't worry, we didn't forget the cauliflower crust pizza recipe promised for Barbara Todaro. We'll be bringing a number of pies with a variety of toppings.
Healthy Pizza Options for Barbara
- Frozen pizza crust - we use the cauliflower crust made by Caulipower. (They also sell a Paleo version with fewer carbs) We've made our own, but prefer this one.
- Sauce of choice - we use our traditional pasta sauce, but add extra tomato paste to thicken, plus oregano.
- Shredded mozzarella, romano, and parmesan - and whatever else you like.
- Preheat grill on high to at least 400-500F
- Turn down to medium indirect heat (based on grill’s instructions)
- Remove pizza crust from freezer - do not prethaw
- Put frozen crust in middle upside down
- Close lid
- Cook for about 3-5 min or until it starts to lightly brown
- Turn over and spread sauce to the edges, and add cheeses.
- Close lid and cook until cheese just starts to melt (another 3-5 min, depending upon your grill)
- Add whatever meat or other toppings you desire
- Close lid and cook on indirect for 3 to 5 minutes
Take off burner and check crust underneath for crispness. If not crisp, turn burners on high and put it on for about a minute more. If done, add extra cheese on top if desired