February Home Maintenance & Safety Checklist
The month of February has arrived. To keep your home in tip-top shape this month, winter and throughout the year, here's a checklist of home maintenance and safety items to take care of during February. (For a printable copy of the February Home Maintenance & Safety Checklist from RealEstateSpice.com, click here.)
15 More February Home Care Tips To Keep Your Home InTop Shape
- Check your roof and gutters for ice dams and icicles. While you're at it, check your roof for leaks.
- Clean and vacuum curtains, window blinds, and ceiling fans.
- Recylce your e-waste: Collect your old cell phones, printer cartridges, and batteries and take them to a recycling center or store that will take these items for further recycling.
- Clean out your dryer vents.
- Clean your sump pump before spring rains arrive.
- Check your bathrooms for moisture, mildew and mold.
- Clean your range hood filter and fan.
- Clean/degrease kitchen cabinets.
- Clean or replace shower curtains.
- Check your attic for signs of roof leaks, condensation, mold or frost build up. Make sure your insulation is adequate.
- Check your siding for any gaps or shingles that may have fallen off.
- Sanitize hand-held devices to prevent germs that cause the spread of colds and the flu by disinfecting phones, remote controls, tablets, as well as door and cabinet knobs.
- Get a home energy audit.
- Get a head start on spring cleaning by cleaning out your pantry... take everything out, wipe down the surfaces and check the expiration dates on all food.
- Check the charge on your fire extinguisher and replace those with old expiration dates.
If you're thinking about selling your home, check out The Coldwell Banker Advantage
We've been helping Charlotte region home owners and sellers maintain their homes for 20+ years. If you're considering purchasing or selling a home in the Charlotte area, contact Nina Hollander/Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty.
If you're planning on selling your home, let's get together and discuss the supply conditions in the Charlotte region and how we can assist you in gaining access to buyers who area ready, willing, and able to buy now, as well as how to prepare your home for sale for top dollar.
And let us show you how: