I am not a tax consultant or professional, neither this information constitutes tax advice. They may be wrong. If you find something wrong, let me know and I will correct it.
Doing rental income taxes for 4 years, I faced a lot of questions from fellow owners, so i decided to write an article Vacation Rental Income Tax by Owner as much as I can
It covers following topics:
- What is debt to income (DTI) ratio?
- How to get a vacation condo mortgage?
- Tax Deductable Costs for Vacation Rentals
- What closing costs are deductable?
- Tax forms from Airbnb, VRBO/Homeaway, Flipkey/Tripadvisor and Payment Processors
- 1099-MISC you file for your Vacation Rental
- What is Depreciation?
- Capital Gain Taxes of Rental Property
- Qualified Business Income (QBI) for Vacation Rentals
- Qualified Business Income (QBI) Limit for Vacation Rentals
Found useful? Please share