Anyone who knows me, understands that eating out is no longer enjoyable. Especially on the 14th February: overworked kitchens and staff, limited options, rushed seatings, and underwhelming food! We instead, like to create our own ambiance and work together in the kitchen to produce a memorable meal.
This year we chose to go Spanish! Our original thought was to have tapas and seafood Paella but realized that would be far too much for 2 people (and seafood doesn't keep!) So we limited ourselves to just Tapas!
1. Sherried Garlic Mushrooms
2. Sauteed Chorizo in Red Wine
3. Gambas al Ajillo (Spanish Garlic Shrimp)
4. Serrano Ham, Lemon & Olive Meatballs in a Spanish Sauce (I tasted it already and OMG!)
5. Cured Spanish Meats & assorted Spanish Cheeses
6. Manchego, Chorizo and Olive skewers
Of course there will be crusty Bread to mop up all the loveliness and some Rioja to wash it down.
My fave so far is the sauce for the meatballs (veal, pork & serrano ham and chopped olives) Taking the tomato sauce from Italian to Spanish only required the change of 2 ingredients: adding dry Sherry instead of Red Wine and including Smoked Hot Paprika instead of Oregano. So simple but what a difference. This could become my new Go To Pasta Sauce!!!
No matter where you are, who you are with, or what you are having for dinner, please remember you are loved!