Mauna Kea Resort is a beautiful 1,839 acre resort located on the West Coast of the Big Island of Hawaii. This Kohala Coast resort contains two world class hotels, the Mauna Kea Beach Hotel and the Westin Hapuna Beach Resort. These hotels are located along some of the most pristine white sand beaches in all of Hawaii. The luxurious homes located in Mauna Kea Resort are second to none, with everything from private oceanfront homes to condos with sweeping ocean views.
The Mauna Kea Resort also offers its residents access to two Championship Golf Courses, the Seaside Tennis Club, a Fitness Center, and the Mauna Kea Spa. Some of the many restaurants include Number 3, the Hua Tree Lanai, the Copper Bar Cafe, Clambake and the Manta & Pavilion Wine Bar.
At the time of this writing (Feb 10th), there were 9 single-family homes and 8 condos for sale in the Mauna Kea Resort, with no homes or condos in escrow. The highest priced of these homes is listed at $9,950,000 and is located at 62-3692 Kiekiena Place in The Bluffs at Mauna Kea, while the highest priced condo on the market is listed at $4,290,000 and can be found at the Halia Hale at Kaunaoa #6B.
At the other end of the spectrum, the lowest priced single-family home on the market is 62-3997 Moani Pikake Ct in Moani Heights and is listed at $1,975,000. While the lowest priced condo currently for sale is listed at $875,000 and is in Kumulani at the Uplands at Mauna Kea, Unit #B1.
The sales volume of homes in Mauna Kea Resort continues to be slow, with no single-family homes, and just 4 condos being sold during this time from October 2019 through December 2019. With no single-family homes selling, there are only condo statistics to report. The highest priced condo in Mauna Kea Resort sold for $3,100,000, from a list price of $3,195,000 and is Villas at Mauna Kea #34. The lowest priced condo is Kumulani at the Uplands #I1, and sold for $735,000 from a list price of $789,000.
Analysis: Even though the inventory levels in Mauna Kea have been low throughout 2019, the low sales volume has the kept the condo segment in a Balanced Market, and single-family home segment in a Buyers’ Market.
If you are looking to buy or sell a home in the Mauna Kea Resort, or anywhere on the Kohala Coast, contact me today. I will help make your Hawaiian Real Estate dreams a reality. Mahalo
Highlights of the 2019 Q4 Mauna Kea Resort Market Update
- Number of single-family homes currently for sale – 9
- Number of single-family homes currently in escrow - 0
- Number of condos currently for sale – 8
- Number of condos currently in escrow - 0
- Highest priced home currently for sale – $9,950,000 62-3692 Kiekiena Pl in The Bluffs of Mauna Kea
- Highest priced condo currently for sale - $4,290,000 Halia Hale at Kaunaoa #6B
- Lowest priced home currently for sale – $1,975,000 62-3997 Moani Pikakae Ct, Moani Haights
- Lowest priced condo currently for sale - $875,000 Kumulani at The Uplands at Mauna Kea #B1
- Number of homes sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – None
- Number of condos sold in Q4 (Oct – Dec) – 4
- Highest priced home sold in Q3 – None
- Highest priced condo sold in Q3 - $3,100,000 Villas at Mauna Kea #34
- Lowest priced home sold in Q3 – None
- Lowest priced condo sold in Q3 - $735,000 Kumulani at the Uplands #I1
If you enjoyed this update, you may like Kohala Coast Market Year in Review 2019.
First published at www.ViewHawaiiLuxuryHomes.com/MarketUpdates