2020 is off to a good start for Lebanon Ohio home sales, particularly for the higher priced homes. Time to sell is still on the slow side, but that's to be expected this time of year. The main concern is the limited number of homes for sale. Choice is scarce. Stay with us to get the full details on December's market results!
We offer links at the bottom of the post to search Cincinnati MLS listed Lebanon Ohio homes for sale, and if you want specifics for What Is My Lebanon Ohio Home Worth?, please click that link and fill out the form. We'll get back to you shortly with the latest info that applies to YOUR home!
All data is derived from the Cincinnati MLS system. If any Lebanon single family homes homes traded hands without a REALTOR® involved, then it won't be reflected in this report. All data is for the Lebanon School District area, so is not limited solely to Lebanon city limits.
Some reasons why Lebanon Ohio is a great place to live:
- Named one of Ohio magazine's Top 5 Hometowns for 2012
- HUGE YMCA
- Ready access to Cincinnati and Dayton
- A cool historic downtown area
- Host to an abundance of festivals throughout the year
- The cost of living in Lebanon is more affordable than some other Warren County communities
- A full range of housing price points, from below 100k to some estate homes under a million dollars.
- There is still new construction available, but you can pick any age from historic to brand new.
Countryside, a pool community of Lebanon Ohio
So on to the review, first up, completed sales!
Next is the Lebanon median price summary chart.
Lebanon 45036 Single Family Home Category Data Summary
Homes Active 2/14/20: 49 DOWN 7
Homes Pending 2/14/20: 54 UP 13
Homes Sold: 27 (0 Bank/Government Owned, 0 Short Sale, 4 New Construction) DOWN 9
Average Price: $330,425 UP $71.5k
Median Price: $240,000 DOWN $3.5k
Days on Market Average: 119 UP 63 (Median 30 days)
Sales/List %: 98.6% UP 1.5%
Most Expensive Home Sold: $805,000
Least Expensive Home Sold: $75,000
So what are the key takeaways from this month's numbers?
- 2020 is off to a solid start, with good sales totals when compared to other Januarys.
- Average price jumped WAY up, but there were a heavier than normal share of luxury homes ($500,000 or up) sold with 5 of the 27 homes sold in the category.
- Time to sell is skewed badly upwards by 3 of the homes needing 500 or more days to sell.
- 49 total homes not under contract and 12 of those are new construction. Selection is very limited.
- The number of homes under contract increased, helping explain the overall drop in homes available for sale and not under contract.
- Median time to sell increased, but that is to be expected for the time of year.
- New construction sales accounted for 4 of the 27 sales.
- Distressed (short sales and foreclosures) properties accounted for no completed sale. There are no distressed properties NOT under contract.
So what does this mean to you as a Lebanon single family home owner?
The shortage of homes for sale gives the edge to sellers.
Give us a call and we can meet and determine what is best for your personal circumstances.
You're not going up against significant new construction in MOST communities, but places like Shaker Run and Trails of Shaker Run new construction do challenge your ability to sell.
And if you're not quite ready to enter the market, it's the PERFECT time to meet with us and get your To Do list ready to have your home optimally ready for when you ARE ready to sell your home!
For an evaluation of your specific home's marketability, please contact us 513-520-5305.
So what does this mean to you as a potential Lebanon home buyer?
NO CHANGE. Even during the cold months that are slower, keep an eye out for new listings and act quickly.
The selection of foreclosed/short sale homes is minimal to nonexistent, so don't count on finding one to buy, much less one in good condition.
When you're considering buying a Lebanon home, please contact us 513-520-5305 or Liz@LizSpear.com with your needs and we'll help you find the right community for you! You can use the links below to review Cincinnati MLS homes listed in Lebanon for each of three price bands.
Search Lebanon Ohio 45036 Homes For Sale $400,000 and Up
Serving Lebanon's home buyers and sellers,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
Recent Market Reports: