Here are a few facts just published about housing in the greater Hartford, CT area. These facts have been published by GHAR (Greater Hartford Association of REALTORS)
- Year-over-year house inventory has gone up by 7%.
- Year-over-year housing prices dropped 3.53% from $255,000 to $246,000
- Year-over-year shows a drop in pending sales for the month of May while the averages days-on-market has gone from 63 to 67 (up 6%)
On the more positive side...
- May pending sales are up compared to April by 6%.
- Closed sales are up 17%
- With the inventory levels up and rates still low, it's still a great buying opportunity