Recently Go Banking Rates put out an article re-posted by MSN Money and Yahoo! Finance titled “ Don’t Overlook These Hidden Gem Cities with a High Quality of Life.” Several Ohio cities made the list.
The article touches on how people look to improve their quality of life in the new year. Many times people will consider moving to a better place in order to have a better quality of life. They noted that a survey conducted by Rent.com found that 41% of Americans that live in large cities have to sacrifice saving money away to live in the city and that 31% of large city residents say living in the city near countless amenities is not all it’s cracked up to be.
It goes on to state that many times residents of smaller towns still have plenty of amenities nearby yet the cost of living is lower and the quality of life is just a bit better. There has been a trend of younger people moving into metropolis areas to be right in the center of everything, but there may be smaller cities worth taking a look at that won’t require you to work an extra job and eat peanut butter and jelly so you can spend the little bit of time you aren’t working at the local bar or other nightlife hotspots.
So with this thought in mind Go Banking Rates analyzed cities with populations between 10,000 and 75,000 using information from the data website AreaVibes in search of smaller cities with a great quality of life. If a state was lacking in their amount of cities this size, the population requirement confines were changed to cities with a population of over 5,000.
Go Banking Rates found these cities and looked at characteristics including the median list price of homes for sale, amenities, cost of living, crime rate, employment rate, the overall housing market, schools, and weather.
Here are the results for the 5 hidden gem cities of Ohio:
- 1st Place Hidden Gem: Hilliard- It has a median home list price of $349,000 and ended up with an overall livability score of 91 out of 100. That’s pretty high!
- 2nd Place Hidden Gem: Worthington- It has a median home price of $323,000 and ended up ranking 90 out of 100 for livability.
- 3rd Place Hidden Gem: Westerville- It has a median home price of $345,400 and a livability score of 89.
- 4th Place Hidden Gem: Gahanna- It has a median home list price of $264,900 and overall livability of 89
- 5th Place Hidden Gem: Mason- It has a median home list price of $439,000 and a livability score of 89.
At Vision Realty, we know there are many great places to live in and around Columbus Ohio. If you are interested or looking for more information on what makes living in any of these cities so great or if living in one of these cities would be great for you we have a friendly and knowledgeable team to help you find the perfect Columbus area home. Please browse our website or contact us anytime!