Let's cut to the chase shall we? I believe that fame should come before fortune, although it works the other way around as well. In other words, reputation should propel success. Ponder this:
TEN WAYS BLOGGING ON AR WILL MAKE YOU RICH AND FAMOUS
- Blogging is an activity requiring mental preparation, organization, and will. But it is executed by writing an essay of sorts. It forces you to write in English and to write well. After 35 years in my profession, I find that a well-written proposal and contract, plus follow-ups, marketing pieces, etc. shows what you are made of - your level of education and knowledge about a subject. Your words indicate whether or not you have a command of English and know how to express yourself well -- or poorly. It is a reflection of your skill and knowhow. It either instills confidence in a prospect or makes them realize that you may be weak in one thing, and if so, possibly weak in your ability to serve them properly. So blogging forces you to polish your writing skills. It is a fact that management and high-income professions are extremely accurate when it comes to writing and elucidation. Better writing means the ability to reason and convince, thus leading to more commissions and higher income.
- Writing well means people will take notice of you. You become separated from the pack. You have something unique to say and people will seek you for your expertise. You are remembered and when your niche or specialty is mentioned, you will be sought. You will receive more commissions and become famous!
- A blog necessarily makes you an 'expert'. Use that opportunity to strengthen and amplify your niche. Your expertise is worth something. And that something may be of interest to other news organizations. By 'practicing' composing and posting your articles of expertise here, you may be of value to other national and niche-specific news outlets that are looking for content. Being a content provider to just one national publication means your identity now is broadcast over a much larger population and your reach has grown exponentially. Other media groups may find you and before long your ideas and thinking/writing will be sought and now you are a bonafide 'influencer'. You may be asked to speak at seminars. You might find yourself on a TV news program. You are definitely gaining fame and your income should be increasing.
- Why AR you ask? AR may be the first blog on which you have written. AR has more clout than blogs you could write on your own web or blog account. That means that even a poorly written piece here is picked up by the search engines and cataloged. (so DO be careful what you write!) Think of what a well written and informative essay will do. The SEs will also pick up photographs and drawings and these, if properly tagged, will also show in the image results. Not only that, the simple act of including links to your web means a respected forum like AR is promoting you and your services. The backlinks from a reputed source are the best way to increase exposure of your web.
- And speaking of backlinks, imagine how important a backlink from a national trade or news outlet immediately fortifies your business as a high profile referral. You are now immediately pushed higher on search results on Google, Bing and Yahoo. This means more exposure, more chances that someone will find you, more income, more recognition, more fame. IN FACT: this may be the second most important consequence of blogging.
- Blogging clarifies your own thinking. It makes you search for other information that assists your own business. It instills confidence in you. For a long time, just having your associates and even strangers on AR to comment and wish you kudos is enough to keep you going and going strong. Writing is a confidence builder which means you will tend to succeed, thus raising your income and notoriety. You may feel isolated, but when you write and become especially "a household word" your chances of success have grown astronomically.
- Blogging your interests, points of view, and expertise is the best way to reach others who have no idea you even exist. You should sharpen your niche and make waves. Push your ideas out and see the world respond in a positive way. This is the best and possibly only way to reach others and explain clearly what you can do, how you can solve their problems, and why necessarily they should contact you. You will never feel isolated again.
- Writing (blogging) may also be the best way to get out of your shell, especially if you feel isolated. It is therapeutic. It gives you a sense of accomplishment. It hones your writing skills and therefore ability to effectively communicate with others. Writing well bolsters your credibility and chance of succeeding in your business. It may be the best game-changer you have in your bag of tricks. Many famous writers were introverted at one time or repressed. You never know. You may have a novel in you!!
- Writing numerous blogs gives you a wealth of accumulated wisdom from which you can collect, edit and publish as either a real or virtual book. Imagine your own book, ebook, whatever. You have achieved a level of expertise now that will command attention. You will be noticed and sought. You may decide that writing is your thing and leave the mundane to others... I recall a real estate flipping author in the 80s, like most of their ilk, made all of his money selling books and seminars rather than buying and selling real estate personally! Result: riches his way and potentially your way! Money for nothing and _____ for free!
- The single most effective and zero cost marketing move you can make right now is to write. Yes, this is the least expensive GAMECHANGER of your life. If you do this well, you will not have to buy ads, send out mailers, SEO until you are blind, etc. A national web that features your work, your ideas, your approach, your niche, automatically qualifies you as an expert. People tend to hire or commission those who have the best referrals. If a national news organization features you, then that means you must necessarily have risen above your peers, that you have been vetted. I want to thank AR for allowing me to write and be featured here. I have gained confidence, I have learned from others, I keep learning, and I am doing better and WILL succeed. (sounds like Jack Handy, eh?)
If you are wondering why I am so jazzed, it's because a recent essay I have written about Modern vs. Traditional architecture related to a potentially new Federal mandate has been accepted by a national political web and will be featured in March.
Don't let the sun go down on me
Although I search myself it's always someone else I see
I'd just allow a fragment
of your life
To wander f-r-e-e... Elton John
Sunset photo below: Lake Lilly in Maitland Florida