Yes, it really sounds bad and I am not going to go over the negative aspects of the current worldwide situation. There are segments of our working people that will be adversely affected quickly and this is sad. Hopefully, there will be assistance to mitigate the cash crunch that is inevitable and of course a quick remedy to the medical crisis.
However, in the last few days, I have noticed a few things that warmed my heart...
- People are coming out of their houses and walking with their families. They are exercising, walking dogs, playing with their kids. Moms and Dads are at playgrounds more than I've ever seen before. Since the bars and restaurants are limiting patronage, families must spend more time at home together and that is good.
- Parents are working with their children at home with more time spent together. This has to be good.
- Multi-gen families will depend on each other more and that will bring them together closer.
- The streets are not so crowded with cars so there must be fewer accidents. There is less pollution.
- The political vitriolic has calmed a bit although there is some bickering.
- People are cooking more at home which is healthier than the typical burger or pizza dinner.
- Enjoying nature and the outdoors is a plus.
- The extra time we have from less commuting means the mind can wander and get creative and also that things that have been left undone, covering a myriad of issues, can be tackled now. Ideas for new business ventures, methods, tactics, etc. are brewing.
- People are getting a sense of what it means to be economical. Saving money by doing simple things pays off.
- A little more house cleaning must be going on and some thinking about where one lives, perhaps that there might be some other options out there.
- I heard that Venice's waters are crystal clear right now due to a heck of a lot of less flushing!
- And most importantly for us: people are stuck at home with their TVs and... computers and smart phones!! Guess what. I have seen an uptick in my web impressions and clicks. It means that the extra time at home doing office work, etc. means that there are people poking around online looking for ideas -- seriously thinking about where they live now, where they might move to, maybe about remodeling, maybe about buying a second property or investing their money in real estate development. This should be good for us all here on AR and it is promising at least for me, and I hope for all of you!