I recently earned an SRES® designation. SRES is a program designed to enable REALTORS® to assist seniors through major financial and lifestyle transitions. Please note that the "seniors" in this situation refers to anyone 50 years old and above. For all my peers who fit into that 50+ category, being included as a "senior" doesn't mean we're old!
SRES® stands for Seniors Real Estate Specialist designation. An SRES® REALTOR® has obtained special training, gets regular updates, and is prepared to provide options and information that might be needed in making life changing decisions.
So why do I want to assist "seniors?" Because when I went through the following personal experiences, I would have liked to have had a guide to help me along the way. And I'd like to be that guide for others. Some of the things I've personally handled in the last few years included:
- being the executor of my parents estate with all the grief and difficulty that process entailed
- selling my parents home, including handling the estate sale process
- dealing with the challenges of alzheimer's in one family member, and parkinson's in another
- being there for in-laws who were selling their home because they had to, not because they wanted to
- participating in the difficult decision to move a family member to assisted living
- learning about medicare, medicaid, living wills and more.
SRES® REALTORS® work with each buyer or seller to customize solutions, provide expertise and patience, point out options they may not have known about, provide useful references and more. More information is available at this seniors resource website.
So Seniors, if you are in the Kalispell and Flathead Valley area, and you need assistance or would like to receive monthly newsletters about issues important to seniors, call me at 406-270-3667!
I've got your back!
Originally posted at thehousekat.com.