In the midst of all the changes, and daily bad news, it's refreshing and hopeful to have some good news to reflect on.
Please share your thoughts on the original post from Margaret!!
Be safe and be well!
Covid-19 Not all Bad News!
There’s a pretty smart guy out there who writes a tech/financial blog. He shared his blog online with his customers and I was able to see it.
Peter Diamandis is the founder and executive of the XPRIZE Foundation, the author of two best-selling books, has degrees in molecular genetics and aerospace engineering from MIT, and holds an M.D. from Harvard Medical School.
I wanted to state all that first because I would say he knows what he’s talking about.
The title of his blog is “Good News About the Covid-19 Pandemic.”
(1) Vaccine development: An experimental vaccine developed by Moderna Inc. began the first stage of a clinical trial on Monday, with testing on 45 healthy adults in Seattle.
(2) China's new cases plummet: China has now closed down its last temporary hospital built to handle COVID-19. Not enough new cases to warrant them.
(3) Drugs that work: Doctors in India have successfully treated two Italian patients with COVID-19, administering a combination of drugs — principally Lopinavir and Ritonavir, alongside Oseltamivir and Chloroquine. Several are now suggesting the same medical treatment, on a case-by-case basis, globally.
(4) Antibodies to the rescue: Researchers at the Erasmus Medical Center claim to have found an antibody that can fend off infection by COVID-19.
(5) 103-year-old recovery: A 103-year-old Chinese woman has made a full recovery from COVID-19 after being treated for 6 days in Wuhan, China, becoming the oldest patient to beat the disease.
(6) Stores re-opening: Apple has reopened all 42 of its Apple retail stores in China. [
(7) Test results in 2 hours: Cleveland’s MetroHealth Medical Center has developed a COVID-19 test that can now deliver results in just two hours, rather than in a matter of days.
(8) South Korea's dramatic drop in new cases: After its peak of 909 newly reported COVID-19 cases on February 29th, South Korea has now seen a dramatic drop in the number of new cases reported daily.
(9) Mortality rates inflated? Experts predict that Italy has seen a higher mortality rate of COVID-19 given its significant aging population, as well as its higher percentage of COVID-19 patients with pre-existing health conditions. This might suggest that COVID-19’s fatality rate may have been slightly more inflated than previously thought for the general population.
(10) Israeli vaccine development: More than 50 scientists in Israel are now working to develop a vaccine and antibody for COVID-19, having reported significant breakthroughs in understanding the biological mechanism and characteristics of the novel coronavirus.
(11) Full recoveries: Three patients in Maryland who tested positive for COVID-19 have now been reported to have “fully recovered.”
(12) Isolated virus: A network of Canadian scientists isolated the COVID-19 virus, which can now be replicated to test diagnostics, treatments, and vaccines.
(13) Yet another vaccine in the works: San Diego biotech company Arcturus Therapeutics is developing a COVID-19 vaccine in collaboration with Duke University and National University of Singapore.
(14) Treatment protocols: Seven patients who were treated for COVID-19 at Jaipur’s Sawai Man Singh (SFS) Hospital and Delhi’s Safdarjung Hospital in India have recovered. The treatment protocol will be widely scaled to other hospitals.
(15) Another treatment: Plasma from newly recovered COVID-19 patients (involving the harvesting of virus-fighting antibodies) holds promise for treating others infected by the virus.
If you’d like to read the whole article including links he included, please see:
There have started to be more confirmed cases in the North Shore, including a child at school in Winnetka.
Stay safe and healthy - we have a ways to go but we’ll get through it together.
Sign up to get monthly North Shore real estate news delivered to your inbox.
It's free, we'll never sell your info, and you can opt-out at any time.
Enter your email address at: North Shore Newsletter
Margaret Goss is a full-time real estate broker since 1998 working in the North Shore communities of Winnetka, Wilmette, Kenilworth, Glencoe, Northfield, Glenview, and Evanston.
She can be reached at:
See her full BIOGRAPHY
Margaret Goss - Winnetka and North Shore Real Estate Broker
Specializing in homes for sale in Winnetka, Wilmette, Kenilworth, Northfield, Glencoe, Glenview, Northbrook, and Evanston.
Looking for a knowledgeable Illinois Realtor? Google me!
Chicago North Shore Communities Map: