Playcationing while Staycationing.
While remaining in place, thinking of options to remain connected, getting adequate exercise while feeding both the mind and the soul are ever so important. The following is a list of 10 things to do at home:
1. Plan a board game night. Twister is always a fun way to pass the time. Apples to Apples, Trivial Pursuit, Cards against Humanity, or Monopoly are ways to show off that friendly, competitive spirit in everyone.
2. Create a pizza night. Our family did this while out boys were growing up. Spread the sauce then pile pita bread high with pepperoni, ham or sausage, onions, green pepper, lots of mozzarella. Into the oven they go!
3. Host a Wine Tasting. Offer various types of cheeses that pair well with several types of wines. Red and green grapes, chunks of fresh pineapple, and strawberries all tend to complement wines extremely well.
4. Have a cooking competition. Come up with your own Masterchef or Chopped-style contest. Choose a theme and give 30 minutes to create a one-of-a-kind dish you can enjoy later under candlelight.
5. Create a workout routine. Crank up the music and just dance like nobody's watching! Or get out a couple of yoga mats and stretch yourselves or play horseshoes. Get online and look up other fun exercises.
6. Do a spa day. Spend some quality time making do-it-yourself facials with heated towels and a detox mask, relaxing pedicures or manicures. Treat your hair to a deep conditioning or take a soothing bubble bath.
7. Play three card poker. Learn the game, have poker chips on hand and take turns being the pit boss or dealer. This casino game is very popular, not only because it’s fun, but because it’s also very easy to learn.
8. Make breakfast for dinner. What is better than breakfast in the morning? Breakfast as dinner. Make breakfast burritos, omelets, hash browns, fruit parfait, grits and eggs or stuffed french toast. Yu-um!
9. Picnic in the back yard. Make dishes like, fried chicken or sandwiches, coleslaw, homemade macaroni salad, boiled eggs, cut up fresh fruits or vegetables. Grab a basket, a blanket and head outdoors!
10. Put a puzzle together. Start by sorting the pieces into groups of outer-edge pieces, corner pieces, and center pieces. Nothing says old fashioned fun like searching through thousands of multi-colored jigsaw pieces.
Do what sings to your heart. Post the results on Facebook to inspire others to do their own show or activity. Phoning or Face-timing family and friends also bridges the long or short distances, uplifting the spirits!
Whatever you decide to do, there are a multitude of choices on how to pass the time while creating lasting memories and remaining on the sunny side of the street! That is where you will find me in southern Utah.
Happy Sunday all!
Buying or selling a home in southern Utah? Together, we can figure out what works for you to achieve the goals set forth. Call me at 435.632.9374 or contact me at email@example.com to help because Wanda Can!