Would you believe Adolf Hitler, Steve Jobs and President Richard Nixon share something in common? Surprisingly, all 3 share important world-changing anniversaries on April 1.
5 World-Changing Facts That Happened on April 1
- 1826 – Samuel Morey patents the internal combustion engine.
- 1893 – The rank of Chief Petty Officer in the United States Navy is established.
- 1924 – Adolf Hitler is sentenced to five years in jail for his participation in the "Beer Hall Putsch". However, he spends only nine months in jail, during which he writes Mein Kampf.
- 1970 – President Richard Nixon signs the Public Health Cigarette Smoking Act into law, requiring the Surgeon General's warnings on tobacco products and banning cigarette advertisements on television and radio in the United States, starting on January 1, 1971.
- 1976 – Apple Inc. is formed by Steve Jobs, Steve Wozniak, and Ronald Wayne.
While these interesting items are intriguing, they have nothing to do with my real estate business, helping people like you buy and sell homes in Silicon Valley, Calif. and beyond. I admit, they just add fun and fascination to life. You can read my blog at www.activerain.com/results for more fun facts on history, real estate, home, life and other topics.
Images courtesy of www.wikipedia.org.
Thank you for reading "No Fooling-5 Odd But True Events From April 1".
Blogs, tags, homes, house, “real estate”, “Michelle Carr”, “Michelle Carr Crowe”, “San Jose homes for sale”,"Just Call", “Silicon Valley homes for sale”, “No Fooling-5 Odd But True Events From April 1”, "April 1"