Most home buyer FAQs I have answered on the blog over the last decade or so have centered around earnest money, inspections, document reviews, and writing a winning offer. The number 1 questions currently: Are we still allowed to look at homes for sale? Can you still show me this Silver Spring property?
The short answer is: yes, we are! yes, I am!
The long answer is much more complex. Let me explain.
Residential Real Estate is one of the essential industries, and rightly so, shelter is one of our most basic needs. There are always people on the move, people who need a home right now. Some signed the relocation papers before Covid-19 was declared a pandemic, others sold their homes or cancelled their lease before we were all put on high alert and restricted to essential activities only.
And sure, some have quickly realized that their current home is not serving their needs, with walls closing in, and the dining table converted to an impromptu home office space. They want to move to a bigger place and take advantage of the low interest rates in the process.
Yes, I can still help you find a new home in Silver Spring, MD and beyond, just as long as we tread very carefully!
- virtual consultations to define your needs and wants, preferred location, budget
- a (strong) preapproval letter is a MUST - no letter, no showings
- virtual hometours to narrow down your options (be aware, it's slim pickings, we are still experiencing an inventory shortage)
- researching/reviewing all available information BEFORE we schedule an appointment
- all showings are strictly by appointment only
- I can preview homes for you, and together we will only see the ones that check most, if not all, your boxes; or we will only conduct virtual showings. Having sold homes sight unseen in the past, this is not new to me, but better technology certainly makes it easier!
- showings can only take place with 1 - 2 clients - no extended family allowed
- we will follow safety protocol: remove shoes, or wear boot covers; wash hands, use sanitizer, keep touching surfaces to a minimum, and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet. The latter may be a bit tricky, but we'll figure it out!
So, yes, we are still allowed to tour homes, and I can still show you homes for sale in Silver Spring, MD and beyond - just as long as we tread very carefully, and follow the guidelines.
Ready to get started? Call me at 240.593.2860 - I come with 16 years of experience, and know how to navigate this market.