Don't Let Your Drains & Plumbing Get Clogged!
Do you regularly have your drains and plumbing checked? Even if your drains are only partially clogged, they might get overloaded with what gets poured down them, especially during long holiday weekends. Just ask the family-owned Donley Service Center, who receives calls 50 percent higher than a typical Friday on the day after Thanksgiving thanks to clogged drains.
In addition to having your drains and plumbing checked, here are some tips on what you can do to prevent clogging:
1. Your disposal is not your trash can- throw leftovers in the garbage or compost pile.
2. Avoid throwing the following into your disposal: pasta, rice, stringy vegetables, potato and banana peels, pits and seeds, shells, bones, coffee grounds, grease and cooking oils.
3. Turn on the disposal before you start throwing in scraps.
4. Throw scraps gradually to avoid overloading the disposal.
5. Run water both during and after using your disposal. Always run cold water when the disposal is on.
6. Avoid using the dishwasher if there's a problem with your disposal.
7. Wipe off greasy pans with paper towel before placing them in the sink.
8. Sharpen the blades of the disposal by feeding ice cubes.
9. Put lemon or lime peels or small wedges down the disposal to eliminate or lessen odors.
10. Never flush food down the toilet.
11. Cotton balls and swabs don’t dissolve so don't flush them down the toilet.
12. Allow between 10 and 15 minute wait times between showers to allow slow drains time to clear.
Twice honored with the Better Business Bureau’s Ethics Award, Donley Service Center has been providing Arizonans since 1976 honest, caring and comprehensive service for air conditioning, plumbing, heating, sewer repair, maintenance management and solar hot water.
If you have any topics or questions you would like answered, contact The Shanna Day Dream Home Team - we’ll find the answers for you!
Shanna Day Dream Home Team
Keller Williams Realty East Valley