Massachusetts Home Inspections is defined as an essential business in order to continue to assist Massachusetts home Buyers and Sellers during active real estate transactions, however, there are strict requirements for a maximum of two people to be on-site during the home inspection process and to practice social distancing at all times. As I'm working diligently to inspect the home; I want to protect myself, my clients, the real estate agents and the occupants of the home so I am enacting simple precautions and changes to my existing policy to do my part in the fight against the COVID-19 spread....
A) The listing agent may access the property for the inspection to take place but I ask that they practice social distancing and wait in their vehicle and then return to lock-up the home once the home inspection is complete. If they must remain on-site then I ask that they wait on another level of the home.
B) I request that non-essential people not attend the home inspection. I am requesting that my clients limit the amount of people on-site to one person only. I do give my clients permission to live stream the inspection (Google Duo, Facebook, YouTube, etc.) in order to share the live inspection of the home with others.
C) I know that everyone is home due to Massachusetts COVID-19 regulations but in the event a home is occupied, the listing agent should clearly communicate to the Sellers that they must temporarily leave the home 30 minutes prior to the inspection time in order to fulfill the Governor Bakers' social distancing orders. They may then return to their home once the listing agent notifies them approximately 2-3 hours later.
During the home inspection I will be doing my part and implementing safe practices effective immediately...
1) I will be arriving equipped with soap and practice regular hand washing when a sink with hot water is available. If not, I will be sanitizing my hands with alcohol-based sanitizer before, during and after the home inspection.
2) I will wearing PPE such as gloves and an N-95 mask (when necessary) during the entire home inspection. Due to my limited supply of PPE, I ask that anyone on-site to please bring and wear PPE during the inspection.
3) I will be disinfecting all surfaces that I touch such as doorknobs, faucets, light switches, panels, etc.
4) I will be wearing protective booties over my boots in every home.
5) If the home is in an unsanitary condition when I arrive, I will have no choice but to re-schedule the inspection after the property is cleaned up and deemed safe to enter. Please be sure the home is ready for a safe walk-through.
6) I love shaking hands but at this time I will be retraining from any physical form of greeting in order to keep everyone safe during this trying time.
7) If I am performing the home inspection without you (my client), I will be calling you after the inspection is complete in order to answer any questions that you may have.
8) After a mobile payment is received on my end the .PDF inspection report and .JPEG images will be emailed to my client (only) once the inspection is completed. I always have been and will continue to be available for phone calls with my client to discuss my inspection findings. I can also do a live-chat via video either at the home and/or after issuing my electronic report.
This is a huge opportunity that I've been given to continue the home buying and selling process during this stressful time, and all of us must observe and respect the rules set forth by Governor Baker. I must stress that I am clearly communicating the rules that must be followed in order for me to conduct the home inspection. If I arrive at the inspection address, and the rule regarding two people maximum on site cannot be maintained, I will have no choice but to re-schedule the home inspection at a later date. Thank you so much for your understanding in helping me to continue keeping the inspection process safe. I apologize for any inconvenience during this time, but I am determined to do my part in helping to prevent the spread of the COVID-19 and to help protect our loved ones and ourselves from this disease.
Hopefully, this disruption is all over very soon! Please CONTACT ME if you have any questions or concerns.